edited November 2022 in ORK Support
I would like to ask a question because the enemy's turn is going wrong. I think it's probably a bug.

After the player's action, the enemy's turns keep coming in succession, and the player's turn never comes. The turn order is also filled with that enemy.
The version of ORK is 3.9.0, and I think this probably started to happen with this version (maybe it happened in previous versions as well).

It does not happen every time, and I do not know the detailed conditions. However, it seems to happen every time when a player takes an attacking action, ActionPerTurnRemain becomes 0, and the turn ends automatically.

For example, with TurnBasedSetting and the enemy AI as previously written at
https://forum.orkframework.com/discussion/7784/enemys-turn-does-not-start-ork3-3-8-0
This happens when a player makes an attack action (no animation or Schematic is set, no TurnBasedOrderChange), and the turn ends.

Looking at the inspector, it seems that the enemy is repeating the following two states.
https://imgur.com/kFBXOpI
https://imgur.com/y5uOV4U

It is the same whether ActionPerTurn is 1 or 2.
Strangely enough, it does not happen when the turn ends with the item use.

Thank you.
Post edited by modot on
  • What's the Turn Calculation formula setup?
    Since you're using multi turns, this could lead to the enemy just having a lot of turns before the player is able to perform one, or none at all.

E.g. the formula using a status value that's 1 at the enemy and 0 at the player, it could lead to the enemy always having a better value than the player.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited November 2022
    I have the same problem with TurnCalculation with, for example, a simple Value = 10.

I don't remember putting in any other processing related to the turn...anyway, I'm having trouble figuring out what's causing this.
    Post edited by modot on
  • I'll do some tests.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Did some tests with a similar setup as you posted in the other topic (also with turn calculation just being a value of 10) and wasn't able to replicate this.

Is this a 1v1 battle, or are multiple combatants (on player and/or enemy side) fighting?
    Could you post your current battle system's settings?
  • edited November 2022
    Oh...I found the cause.
    player.Battle.BattleMenu.Back();
    I put the above process in after the player's attack to manipulate some UI, but due to my mistake, this process was also being done at the start of the turn or end of the turn under certain conditions.
    This caused the player's turn to be cancelled immediately or something like that, I guess.

I am so sorry for bothering you.
    Thank you.
    Post edited by modot on