Examine Grid: Move Range Display has stopped showing for enemies, but still works for the player. I cannot fathom what I did to make it stop working. Attack Range Display works correctly. I figure I better ask for ideas before I load a backup. Any ideas as to what could possibly cause this to happen?
  • I found the cause. I think it's a bug.

Following a tutorial, I had Actions Per Turn set to 1.1 and Own Grid Move Cost set to 0. In order to make Auto End Turn work, I needed to change Own Grid Move Cost to 0.1. This caused the problem. If I change the Action Cost to anything other than 0 it breaks the Examine Grid command for showing enemy movement range.
  • edited November 2022
    I'll look into it, but keep in mind that if you're not showing the Max Move Range, it might also be the current move range just not being refilled yet.

Edit: Gave it a quick test and wasn't able to recreate this.
    Can you give me the details (e.g. via screenshot) of your grid examine and battle system's action settings?
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Sure, here it is:

• Hm, still not happening on my end.
    Which battle system are you using? Can you post it's settings (e.g. Phase Settings when using the phase battle system).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Here's the rest of the Battle System settings. Collapsed sections aren't used except the already-shown Action Settings:

• Hm, yeah ... still working fine for me.

I think I'll need a Unity test project with your setup to check this out. You can reduce the size by deleting the Library folder - zip it up, upload it somewhere (dropbox, etc.) and send me the link to contact@orkframework.com.
  • Ok, I sent it. Press Play to enter combat and press V for the Grid Examine hotkey. You'll see it works for the player but not the enemy. Change the Grid Move Cost from 0.1 to 0 and you'll see it starts working again (but then auto-end turn won't work).
  • Thanks, could find the issue thanks to the test project.
    Will be fixed in the next update.

Basically, the 0.1 grid move cost prevent the grid range from being created because the combatant's turn isn't initialized, i.e. it has no action points :)
  • Good job, I knew you'd find it. Thanks for checking it out.