The problem is that I use the shortcut bar as the battle menu, when I hover my mouse over the shortcut bar of a skill, it will prompt me for that skill, then I hold my mouse still and keep prompting me for that skill until the battle is over, if there is no option for combat benefits, the HUD will disappear, but if there is a post-battle collection screen, Skill prompt will not disappear. How to solve this problem?
  • I'm not sure I understand the issue ... the tooltip HUD is shown while the cursor is over something that has a (compatible) tooltip.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited November 2022
    @gamingislove
    This is when I set a skill that I use on myself, and then I enter the battle, for example I set a skill auto battle, every time I click on the combatant, it starts the auto battle, I put the cursor on the shortcut bar, and after the battle, the auto battle HUD is still there.

This means that after I use Autocombat, I place my cursor on any skill shortcut bar, it generates a HUD, and then I keep my cursor on the shortcut bar until the battle is over. The tooltip HUD does not disappear. Of course, if there is no set to collect combat revenue after the battle is over. The tooltip HUD, it will disappear. That's the problem.
    Post edited by churan on
  • Hm, tried recreating this but seems to work fine on my end.
    Closing the shortcut HUD will also close any open tooltip it caused.

Can you send me a small Unity test project with your setup where it happens?
    You can reduce the project size by deleting the Library folder - zip it up, upload it (dropbox, etc.) and send me the link to contact@orkframework.com.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited November 2022
    @gamingislove

One of the key points is to ensure that the loot option is enabled after the battle. If the post-battle loot is not activated, he can turn off any HUD and notifications

I reset a new project without any other Settings. That happens, too.

I forgot this happened in 2D. I used the full package of the full 2d combat tutorial. Then add in my above Settings, and it has the same problem as my 2D game.
    Post edited by churan on
  • Still not able to reproduce it - I'll need a test project.
  • edited November 2022
    Sent
    Post edited by churan on
  • Thanks - found the issue, and it's an old issue that's already been fixed :)
    Your project is sitll on ORK 3.5, update to a newer version, e.g. the latest ORK 3.9.
  • edited November 2022
    My project uses ORk3.9!

I will update the demo project to ORk3.9 and send a video to your email.
    Post edited by churan on
  • The project you sent me was using ORK 3.5 - after importing the 3.9 release version the issue was fixed.
  • @gamingislove
    I have sent the video of my project using ORK3.9 to your email
  • Did more tests with the project you've sent, still not happening.
    Please send me the project where it's happening with that setup (had to set up battle gains collection).
  • edited November 2022
    It's a huge resource. I'm thinking, how do I pack it

Test project, I upgraded to ORK3.90 really no problem

An email has been sent. File may be a bit too much, test scene in Town.
    Post edited by churan on
  • Thanks, I was finally able to reproduce it with your test project.
    It was caused by shortcut slot changes (that didn't happen in my project) triggering cursor over for a closed HUD.

Will be fixed in the next update.
  • edited November 2022
    Thank you so much !!!!!

@gamingislove

In 2D games, I added a HUD to the top of the NPC's head and used the Object type to display the NPC's name. However, there was a problem that the HUD would bounce up and down. Is there any good solution?
    Post edited by churan on
  • That depends on the setup.
    E.g. if you use a child object for the placement, but the combatant's game object is rotating (e.g. like in the 2D grid tutorials), that child object will also rotate around the combatant.

In that case, you can either not display it on a child object and use an offset instead, or do it a bit more complex and have a schematic that keeps the child object's position the same even if the parent rotates.
    You can do this using a Change Position node to keep the child object at the same relative position:
    - moving object: Machine Object with the Child Object defined
    - target position: To Object using the Machine Object, Local Space disabled and the Offset for the position it should keep (e.g. X = 2)