I am a newbie, you know :-) And before I advace (hopefully) I wanted to write down a few thoughts I came across while diving into the rabbit hole (ORK3).

The last weeks were challenging and I learnt a lot. First I started with ORK3, then I switched to RPG Builder (RPGB) and later back to ORK3 again. Why? Maybe these thoughts will help.

Fast Results
RPGB seems more appealing at the first sight. In ORK3 you have to search for it (you got 3 tutorials which is great). But most of (us) customers have no idea what they want (I guess). Because the default setup of RPGB was one which is already close what I am looking for, I thought it would be a good idea to start with RPGB. I pressed the play button and everything felt close and motivated me to go on and change several things. This worked great and I saw fast results.

Flexibility
But when I got deeper into RPGB there were too many limitations. I learnt less about the functionality of unity. But I got a working (prototype) game very fast. But then I couldn't go on or just with huge efforts. Changing the controller, a fixed structure and way of handling skills and experience and so on. So I switched back to ORK3.

I think, that some ppl can get lost on this journey. But what would help? Speaking for myself:

- Maybe a overview page with all available templates. Structured like the documentation: UI, HUD, Schemas, Prefabs, and so on.
- Maybe the community could help to contribute with templates (I would) for different (usable) Interface Templates or Schematas?
- Maybe a simpler tutorial would suffice at first? A full blown RPG where you just have to throw out the things you don't need. Or change things you like to. Like in the existing tutorials a few examples could be enough.
- The full blown RPG could be then altered to an Action RPG if needed or the UI swapped out

To make it short: RPGB at the moment ist better just for just having fun. But ORK3 has more potentials. Why not using it? There is already a menu for importing ORK addons. Why not more complete ones (e.g. a full setup for an UI with all prefabs for e.g. Ponetis Grafics). I would be even willing to pay them, if I save time. Maybe the UI designers will join in? Providing the setup?
Community driven Quest Schematics and so on. There are so many possibilities :-D

• Thanks for the feedback!
    ORK is a framework and not a template to use - so the goals are probably a bit different than RPG Builder.

For fast results via a playable project, you can download the completed tutorial projects and just hop in, tweak it and have fun with it.
    However, to be able to use a tool like ORK, you need to understand what you're doing. That's why there is a focus on long and detailed tutorials, where you can learn how to make such a project from scratch and (hopefully) get ideas for how to set up your own systems.

After all, ORK is intended for flexibility to allow you to set up any kind of RPG or game with RPG systems you want. This comes at the price of a learning curve, especially at the beginning.

A shorter and easier starting tutorial is a great idea, the status system setup and 3D playground tutorials got a bit bloated in the end :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I guess these two suggestions are already included into ORK3.

"- Maybe a overview page with all available templates. Structured like the documentation: UI, HUD, Schemas, Prefabs, and so on.
    - Maybe the community could help to contribute with templates (I would) for different (usable) Interface Templates or Schematas?"

Navigate to "Makinom Extension Manager" and some Plugins and Scripts are provided. Thanks to the community (Discord).