Is it possible to create a StatusValue that is only used by a specific Class?
HP
MP
If we have a StatusValue called Darkness.
ClassA has HP and MP.
I would like to create a Combatant with a status value of only Darkness for ClassB (ClassB does not need HP and MP).

I am looking for ClassesSettings etc., but I don't know how to set it up.
  • No, all combatants will have all status values.

You can e.g. only use that status value in things used by the class (e.g. abilities), or make checks for the class in formulas, etc. and use the status value in that case.

You can also use HUD Conditions in your HUDs and templates to only display the status value if the class is used by the combatant.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited December 2022
    Is it difficult to have the option to separate status by class?

For example, in the tutorial I have a trap as a combantant.
    In this case, don't you think it is strange that the traps have stats that the player has, such as experience, that the traps don't need?

For example, in my project, I have an class object called "Chain stores with growth potential" and it is a combatant because the store needs inventory.

The store has statuses such as "number of fans", "maximum number of customers today", "sales today", "size level of the store", etc.

Since these statuses cannot be separated by class, they are also given to the player's combatant, which is a terrible system.

Or it would be more flexible if items and Equipment themselves could have statuses and inventory.
    Post edited by joeee19 on
  • Just like before, you can handle this via HUD Condition components on your HUD prefabs. Checking for combatant status conditions can e.g. check for class, combatant type or any other status check.
    Based on that add different status displays to their child objects and they'll be shown or hidden.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!