Hey there,

I want to change the color of damage flying texts based on the attack modifier used. I thought I just had to set the following checkbox, but my texts stay red:
I've set the attack modifier in the ability like this:

Am I missing something here?

Question 2:
I want to create an effect on a target, every time a status effect is triggered:

I used the schematic part of the status effect.
The schematic is working, but it is called on battle turn start of the player, not the target with the status effect.

I guess my approach is wrong here, where would I implement the schematic?

Thanks for the help!
  • edited November 2022
    1) Depends on how your flying text is set up. The attack modifier basically wraps the other text in a color text code, but if the original flying text also uses one to set the text color (e.g. instead of using the text color of the flying text UI prefab), that'd overrule the modifier's color.

2) Battle Turn Start/End refer to the overall battle turn, independent of the combatants. So, the Battle Turn Start would be used before whatever combatant has the first action of the current turn.
    For when the individual combatant's turn starts or ends, use the Turn Start or Turn End types instead.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks for the quick response!

1.) Exactly as you said, the basic color was set to red. Removed the color code, everything works now.

2.) I always try to read all the tooltips, guess I didn't pay enough attention. Works now, thanks.