edited November 2022 in ORK Support
The combatants are not spawned at the battle spots after a battle arena loads in a different scene. I used place spots on ground, place at spots and in load scene > position type = spawn ID 0.

If I look in the inspector when playing the game the battle spots are all 0 even though in the editor they are set
Post edited by Anoo on
  • Can you show me your battle start schematic?

You might need to use a Wait node between loading the scene and placing the spots, etc. - otherwise the battle isn't yet placed at it's new position.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited November 2022
    Yeah!

Post edited by Anoo on
  • Is Spawn Machine Object enabled in the Load Scene node? This spawns the battle (i.e. the machine object of the battle start schematic) at the spawn point instead of the player.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • yes

Keep machine object alive = enabled
    spawn machine object = enabled
    position type = spawn ID
    spawn ide value = 0
  • Hm, definitely working on my end.
    Is the spawn point in the battle scene matching the used Spawn ID?
  • edited November 2022
    Yes, because the combatants do spawn at the spawn point with the matching ID. But if I pause the game and check in the inspector the battle spots positions are all on 0
    Post edited by Anoo on
  • Can you send me a Unity test project where it happens?
    You can reduce the size by deleting the Library folder from the project - zip it up, upload it somewhere (dropbox, etc.) and send me the link to contact@orkframework.com.
  • edited November 2022
    Yes, I've send it! Thanks
    Post edited by Anoo on
  • Thanks, tested it and found the issue.

This is due to the scale of your battle, or rather it's parent game object. You're using a setup similar to the 3D RPG playground, with combatant spawner, range triggers, etc. - but instead of adjusting the collider (trigger), you've just reduced the scale to 0.1 and lower.
    This affects the battle that's parented on the game object as well, which has the battle spots placed based on that.

Either change the scale of the Combatant Spawner Range game objects back to X/Y/Z=1 or dismount the battle game objects from them and use a X/Y/Z=1 scale on the battle's game object.
  • Yup, It works. Thanks!