edited November 2022 in ORK Support
Hi!

(it's been a while since I last posted, but it's only because I'm finally getting good with Ork haha!)

I'm having an issue when I have multiple Interact Trigger Machines in the same screen with ''Move to Event'' enabled. (The game is controlled with mouse and click.)

For example, if I have two NPCs not too far from each other (let's name them A and B) and you talk to A (triggering a dialog), if you click on B, the player moves to B... while the event from A is still going on. (However, since I'm using a blocking machine, the event from B isn't starting). The player can't move to an empty space during the dialog, but it will move to another Interact Trigger Machine with ''Move to Event''.

I tried to add ''Block Player Control'' to the dialog schematic, but it doesn't prevent the ''Move to Event'' effect (I think it does nothing since the execution is a blocking machine, but whatever).

Is there a way to prevent the player from moving to an Interact Trigger Machine when a schematic is going on?

Thank you!
Post edited by max_power on
  • Blocking the player control doesn't automatically prevent interaction machines from starting - you need to add a game state condition to them to check for In Control being active.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • All right, got it to work. Thanks :)
  • Next update will add a button to the conditions in the component's inspector to quickly set up an In Control condition :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Oh, that'll be a good addition, as it'll be more intuitive and it's something I guess a lot of people will use! Thanks!