Hi again!

I'm combining flying texts for XP exactly as shown in the tutorial: https://orkframework.com/guide/tutorials/gameplay-bits/combining-status-value-flying-texts/

It's working very well except for when a character levels up.

Let's say a character has a 8 XP out of 10 needed to gain a level. Then, that character gains 4 XP. The flying text will then show that the character gained... -6 XP. (Since the character went from 8/10 to 2/10 XP, it shows a loss of 6 XP...)

Is there a way to correctly show the gain of 4 XP?

(I'm not sure why I hadn't realized this until today, I've been playing with that schematic since summer... oh well...)

Thank you :)
  • You're probably using exp from zero, i.e. each level up restarts from 0, so exp actually can be reduced here :)

For this, you can limit the Change Schematic to only execute for positive changes via it's Value Change Check settings, e.g. checking for Is Greater than a value of 0.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • You're probably using exp from zero, i.e. each level up restarts from 0, so exp actually can be reduced here :)
    Ooooh I didn't realize it was an option (but of course, there's an option for everything in Ork :)

I just turned it off and it works as intended now. I think I'll keep it this way.
    For this, you can limit the Change Schematic to only execute for positive changes via it's Value Change Check settings, e.g. checking for Is Greater than a value of 0.
    Yeah, I tried that before my original post, but instead of showing a negative number, it just showed nothing, so it was kinda weird for the player who wasn't receiving any feedback.

Thank you for your time :)