My colleague decided to merge branches and ORK data broke as a result. After that, I reset all the settings, however this time I can no longer enter a battle with battle component with any kind of start setting, not even with auto start setting. I have tried to follow the tutorial "2D Grid Battle RPG" again to interact with NPC, select battle and after it changes scene to "Forest Battle 1", the scene remains black and still.

I kind of believe this is caused by merging, how should I overcome this problem/bug?
  • Do you get any error in the Unity console?

If you want to merge your project, make sure to use the XML String data format in Game > Game Settings. The (default) Byte Array data format will in most cases break the data when trying to merge a file, but it's a lot faster for saving/loading data.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • kimkim
    edited December 2022
    No error in Unity console, just some warning from animator in update due to my colleague's work. I think from now onwards we will set the data format to XML string.

If I add a trigger machine with trigger enter start setting to a battle object, the referred schematics will run, show dialogue and print message as usual, just the battle component will not act anyhow.
    Post edited by kim on
  • Hm, check your faction sympathies (Combatants > Factions > General Settings) and the factions used by your battle. Player and enemy faction need to have negative sympathy for each other.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!