Good, I'm working on ork 3 and I realized that in my skills I can't copy or add a new block, besides I can't move the skills up and down as in 2, any solution?

I see that the maximum is 30 skills,is that so? and if not,how can i add more?

I would also like to ask you how to make a team selection menu linked to the unity canvas.

Thank you very much.
  • Sounds a bit like you're using the limited test version. If you've purchased ORK 3 in the Asset Store, you'll need to import your purchased full version via the Unity package manager.

Also, in ORK 3, you can now drag-sort the entries in the list. Buttons to move up/down are still avaialble in the Search, Filter & Sort foldout above the list, but the limited version is, well, limited :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks for replying, I use the full version of ork, so it seems strange to me that I am using the trial version, now I will look at ork.

And if I can ask something else, I'm making some 2d animations in ork 3, I already used ork 2 for the 2d game I created, but when I pass all the parameters only idle works. I already tried to put the animations in mecanim and in legacy, I copied as I had it in ork 2, even I guided myself with the options of the tutorial 3d of the ork, but still I have not had result but the functionality of the idle.

Thanks for everything and best regards.
  • Can you show me your animation setup?

Generally, make sure your combatant uses the correct animation system for the animations you've set up.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Some of your animation setup State Names don't match the name of the states in the animator controller.
    Also, since you're playing them directly (via cross fade), you don't need transitions to them. However, make sure that the transition from Any State to idle (or whatever other transition you have from it) has an exit time to exit at the end of an animation. Otherwise, the animation will immediately stop playing due to the transition.

How are you handling movement animations?
    There are generally 2 ways to handle that via ORK - either using auto move animations of the combatant, or by passing on the movement speed as a parameter and play idle/move based on that.
    I'd recommend to check out the 2D grid RPG tutorials for an example animation setup using movement speed and rotation parameters for movement and directional animations.
  • Thank you very much for your answer about the animations, it helped us a lot.

We would like to know how to change the global font of the whole project? It is very different compared to Ork2 this part.

Thank you very much and best regards
  • Since the Unity UI module uses TextMesh Pro for text display, that has to be done there. I'm not sure if TMP has a way to globally change the font, so you most likely have to change it on the individual UI prefabs you're using.
  • Ok thank you very much I fixed all the problems. And obviously we have several licenses of Ork 3 but in the project were not put and that's why the limitation of skills seemed very rare. You can also change all the fonts in settings of the Unity project itself.

A couple more questions

How do I set a basic attack on a character without being linked to an equipment(?) that some have a basic and others another.

And the last thing if you can tell me how to link Ork fighters to a Unity script I would have to do. To make an equipment selection menu depending on the level of the character.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
  • The default base attack for all combatants is set up in Combatants > Combatants > General Settings in the Attacks & Abilities > Default Base Attack settings.
    Each combatant can override this in their own Attacks & Abilities > Override Settings > Base Attack.

Check out the documentation on combatant scripting. You can e.g. get the combatant of a game object like this:
    Combatant combatant = ORKComponentHelper.GetCombatant(gameObject);
    You can also access the active player group at all times using ORK.Game.ActiveGroup - it has different functions and properties available to access it's members, e.g. this to get the leader (player):
    ORK.Game.ActiveGroup.Leader
  • Thank you very much Mr Ork I don't know what we would do without you.

We have more problems that I am going to tell you about.
    -The first is how to make the mouse whenever you pass it over any hud show the info, we have the info text already created we need the function of the mouse itself so that when you pass it over a skill it captures it and shows the info.
    -The second is how we could do to put a "Back" button for a mobile version of the game that is always in effect in the game at all times.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
  • elrosas said: -The first is how to make the mouse whenever you pass it over any hud show the info, we have the info text already created we need the function of the mouse itself so that when you pass it over a skill it captures it and shows the info.
    There is the HUD Tooltip component for this. It can show tooltips (via Tooltip type HUDs) for the content it displays.
    elrosas said: -The second is how we could do to put a "Back" button for a mobile version of the game that is always in effect in the game at all times.
    You can create virtual controls via Control type HUDs.
    E.g. see this tutorial example.
  • edited January 2023
    I got the above thank you very much and by the way merry christmas and happy holidays :)

I leave you with one more question that is driving us crazy.

We are having problems with Enemy Spots, they appear in the correct X position, but the Y is always: 2,XX....

With the player battle group we don't have any problem and they appear on the spot object itself, but enemies have something like an unbreakable line.

https://imgur.com/a/iQrfS82

I leave you a picture so you can see the progress of the game and the problem.

EDIT - 10/01

I have noticed that it is the PNG files that do not display well in the scene and in the battle spots while the PSB files do not have any problem.
    Post edited by elrosas on
  • Can you give me details on your battle spot setup (Battles > Battle Spots)?
    Since it's 2D, you should probably disable using Place On Ground in case you're using it.
  • Right now I'm placing the battle spots by gameobjects in scene I'm not using the Batlle / Spots part.

PS: How could we make that for the mobile version if you leave your finger pressed for 1 second it shows information about that skill or character ? Thank you very much.

And to make a Gacha system of characters do you have any resource?
  • elrosas said: PS: How could we make that for the mobile version if you leave your finger pressed for 1 second it shows information about that skill or character ? Thank you very much.
    I don't think that's currently possible.
    Generally, that's just be a tooltip displaying for the selected button - but keeping pressed and releasing will still 'accept click' the button.
    elrosas said: And to make a Gacha system of characters do you have any resource?
    No, but should be pretty simple using loot tables - they can also 'drop' combatants.