Is there a way to manually create items? As far as I'm aware, the only way to create items requires you to select a specific item from the drop down list. But if I needed to create a large list of items or dynamically create items throughout the game, this becomes a process of labor. If it was possible to create an item by manually writing the item's GUID and storing that item in inventory or select item, that would help tremendously. This would also allow the use of variables which would allow me to, for example, use a single schematic to dynamically create any item in the game.
  • The main issue is that those items will not be saved. You'd have to do some custom scripting (e.g. custom save data) to also store that item data with a save game.

Otherwise, you could have one (or multiple) items set up for that. Schematics can e.g. change the name and item variables of the item. In case it's useable, the schematics or status changes can depend on the item variables, etc.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited December 2022
    @gamingislove
    Okay, after looking over some more stuff I think I figured out what could solve my over all problem. Could you implement a Level Settings into Items? This would eliminate my remaining problems of handling a custom item upgrade system. Even though I'm not using items nearly as much as equipment and abilities it would be great to have all three of the major data points contain a Level Settings.
    Post edited by Dre788 on
  • I'll put it on my list, but that's currently not something with a high priority.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I understand, thanks for the consideration.