Hello,
I’m using mouse camera controls for a 3rd person game. Everything works but when the player moves over the terrain and there’s a slight change in height the transition is very fast. Is there a way this can be smoothed a bit? The camera is following correctly etc but it seems really jerky when not on a flat surface.

Cheers
  • Only via the Speed Smoothing setting that handles smothing of any camera change of the Mouse camera control.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Will that work if the camera isn’t being moved by the mouse at that time. If I right click it allows for movement but if the camera going to jerk anyway then the game quality won’t be viable? It’s simply too rigid on the player, the moment the player goes over a bump it’s too sensitive
  • Ah, sorry, was looking at the wrong settings (player instead camera controls).

For the Mouse camera controls, this is handled by the Height Damping, which is used at all times, even without player input to change the camera.
    Setting it to 0 will disable it, higher values mean faster changes - e.g. setting it to 0.1 would make it very slow.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!