Hi!

I'm looking for a way to have two different save systems depending on when the player saves the game:

1- Saving on the field: you can save and load as you want, saving doesn't make you quit the game.

2- Saving during a battle: the player would have a special save slot just for this. When they save the game, they exit the game. Loading the game would delete this save, but not the basic save they made on the field. The objective with this temporary save is to prevent the player from saving at a certain point in battle, then loading back later to retry from this point. However, I'd still like to allow the player to leave during a battle, and continue at the same point later.

Is this feasible with Ork? If not, I'll just think of something else.

Thanks!
  • You could use the regular save slots (e.g. via save game menu or save points) as usual and use the Auto Save Slot during battles.
    When loading save games, you can use a schematic with a Delete Auto Save node to delete the auto save data. Global machines can be automatically executed on load game when using the Scene global machine type (Load Game scene change type).

However, saving during battles isn't really supported - i.e. the state of the battle isn't saved.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Ooooh I see! If saving during battles isn't supported, then I won't try to play around that.

But I'll keep the delete auto save feature in mind.

Anyway, thank you for the reply :)