edited December 2022 in ORK Support
hello
I am using animation by using auto move animation + use position change option in realtimebattle
The first time after starting the game, the transition to walk > idle > walk works fine.
However, after the player attacks or kills a monster, only the walk animation works and does not transition to idle at all.

1. What I found out after nearly 10 hours of trial and error was that the turn state of the combatant component's battle information was the problem.
When first starting, the turn state is before turn. In this state, auto animation works well. However, after attacking or killing a monster, it changes to after turn, and auto animation is broken from this point on.
(change move ai node/stop move ai node, etc. had no effect at all.)
I eventually solved it by forcibly changing the turn state to before in the script.
Is it okay to forcefully change the state?
What is the meaning of turn, before and after in real-time battle?
(all my Animator settings are set the same as in Ork 2's Mecanim tutorial. Trouble shooting is also applied(wait step etc))

2.Is there a node that can change the turn state in the event node? (changed to before turn)
Post edited by KESHYAS on
  • 1) The turn state does not really have any impact on the animations. It's more likely that something going on in your battle events (or animations played by them) impacts that.
    Since you're using Mecanim, it could e.g. be a parameter that's set, etc. - best to check out what's going on in the animator controller while playing.

Also, generally, I'd recommend to use the auto move speed parameter of the ORK Mecanim setup instead of auto animations when using Mecanim. That way you can handle the idle/movement animations via a blend tree in your animator controller.

2) No, and changing it like that would probably break some systems :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!