Im almost 3 weeks in now since i install ork framework 3. I can't get my custom character his own animation to work at all . I have follow all the setup and video , read all the info , over and over and over again , i have everything setup just like the basic character , a copy of the warrior but a different model on it , build the same way as the template , nothing animate (only the first animation of the selected animation start for 2 sec and stop , and also i dont have animator , just like the template one) . Also , the controller input cannot be setup like in the video , when i clic ""listend"" to enter an input , nothing works , not even keyboard input , i have to use sv mapper to use my 8bitdo controller , but the joystick works from the input of makinom , the menu button is setup correctly(joystick button 3) (dont know why) the accept button (joystick button 2) only works on the keyboard and cancel (joystick button 1)also only on keyboard . So , can someone explain to me how to setup animation on my custom character and how to map the input on my little controller please ? It should not be that complex , im almost 10 years into unity now and can't get those basic thing to works .
  • Hard to say without knowing your setup.

If you're using legacy animations, make sure the animation names match the animations you have on your combatant's game object (Animation component). Also, check the actual animations of the model, e.g. if they loop correctly (for idle, movement, etc.).
    Otherwise, make sure to use the correct animation setup for the combatant, e.g. using the legacy or Mecanim animation system based on which you use.
    jfkrzy said: Also , the controller input cannot be setup like in the video , when i clic ""listend"" to enter an input , nothing works , not even keyboard input
    I'm not really sure what you mean here - that doesn't seem to be part of ORK/Makinom.
    Using controller buttons input for input keys usually just requires you to use the correct joystick button, which can be wildly different depending on the controller, e.g. PS4 and XBox controllers have different button numbers. Joysticks and D-pads usually need to be used via the Unity input manager. E.g. check out the Makinom XBox controller mapping as an example.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • To be simple , the problem i have for the input is for example; 'space' is used for 'accept' and is already bind and working(accept in game UI) , if i copy it , delete the first one (in makinom base control / input), and rename the new one with the same setting and name , it won't work . Any new input change i do doesn't works , event if i use a working copy , any new input doesn't works , i did try all the one in unity manager (wich i know) and the key code none of the new input i did create works at all . Not even the copy of a working one !

For the animation i didnt had the time to try it again , i will try your suggestion and let you know . Thanks for your assistance on this , Its been a very long time since i wanted to do this project and your ork framework is for a revolution into it . I love it .
  • Hi , i finnally got a hand on the animation , i just want to let other people know , if it can help someone else with the same problem . Here is what i did .

The newcharacter is a copy of a warrior . the only difference is the model . To make the animation working drag your fbx prefab of your model (the one wich you can edit all the 4 tab (model , rig , animation , materials in the inspector ) to the same folder the fbx of the tutorial assets are //; tutorialasset/quaternius/fbx , this might not be essential but , you need to change all the option on the four tab of your model to the same as the template original warrior is , so having the fbx there make it easy to go from one to the other .

After that , just make sure you have the animation names the same that in mackinon setup . If not , i did rename the animation on my new model to the one already setup and it worked (Walk , Run , Idle etc , instead of walk front , idle and run) for example .

The input is something you will need to configure not only in the base/control tab , but in the UI tab too . The input got pretty confusing really fast to setup , and mostly wont work the first try . What i did is use the unity manager input and setup my own in there , after you come back and set them up in the mackinon inspector . But i wanted to use a custom controller so i had to know what name each button is called with , for example , you can start with ''joystick button 0'' to ''joystick button3'' those would probably be the 4 snes button on a custom controller (a.b.x.y) . An easy way to know this is to instal;l svmapper , it will tell you when you press the controller button what is the name of the button so you can configure it ,

I hope it help