New to this framework and I will study all the various tutorials to understand how all this works so maybe the answer is already there, but I'm a very impatient person and I would love to know if this can actually be done.

If one is familiar with games like Darkest Dungeon or Iratus, then question is simple, can I create a battle system like in those games?

Specifically 4 vs 4 characters, 2D side view, 4 positions not in a grid, turn based based on initiative or similar effects. no path finding or stuff like that.

Now those games are more complex using characters actions based on the position in line and there is also synergy between various characters.

Anyone knows if this is possible?
  • I haven't played either of those games but from the gameplay footage I would say the short answer is yes. The long answer is you will be doing a bunch of custom systems in Ork to make it look, feel and play closer to how those two games operate. But it's not impossible, the bulk of those games seems to be style, all the substance I see is definitely in Ork already.