Hello! I am attempting to check the status value of all player combatants at the end of the player phase.
Screenshots in link below. I can't tell if I have the Actor set up wrong, or if I need to choose a different Object/Combatant Scope.

I am using these Show Dialogue nodes to debug, and always get the Failed path out of the Check Value node. Any help is appreciated!

https://imgur.com/a/Xepo5Pn
  • edited December 2022
    Hello again Krozo,

Hmm the way you have it set up is that the condition is set to ALL so when it finds any value != 0 it is going Failure path. On Combatatant --> Needed --> All the tooltip says "either all or only one combatant must match the condition".

So it's finding 1/some that are not matching and triggers fail.

There is a Loop node in schematics that may be helpful somewhere.

If actor does not work like that there must be some way to grab all the combatants and loop through them, maybe Selected Data?

Perhaps someone else knows how to make that work (GamingIsLove will be back soon I think) but my first inclination is to do it in Turn End schematic instead because that already is going to happen per player combatant.

Which only works if it's not checked again until the next phase, since you would be changing it during phase.

In a phase battle a "turn" is each combatants turn during the phase. When they run out of actions/end their turn it will fire the schematic and you can do the Check Status / Change Status there, thereby going through every combatant without figuring out how to loop through them.

That is in Combatants --> Combatants --> General Settings --> Default Schematic Settings --> Turn End Schematics --> Player Schematic

OR you can set it inside of an individual combatant there is an override for it if you wanted a different turn end schematic per combatant Type. (Class may have an override too??)

Other options would be something like a global list of booleans for canUse may be easier to check / manipulate and then use either a turn end schematic or ability animation schematic to set it to false.

Also there is a Unity Console node for debugging if you don't want an ingame popup. If you click More in the text edit window you can select variable from there too and stuff to display.
    Post edited by GeneralK on
  • @GeneralK Thanks again!

I think I was able to sort it out with Selected Data!
    Not sure what was preventing the other way from working, as all players had all the status Conditions and it would still fail, so my assumption is the Actor I had set up was not correct.