Hello all! @GeneralK has been extremely helpful on many topics and has gotten me further in each step. Here is what I am currently figuring out how to do.

Enemy Abilities:
I cannot seem to add the next queued enemy ability into Selected Data, and I would like to read an Ability Variable to set a Status Value from that queued Ability (currently seems setting a status value is not possible in Battle AI, and checking queued actions/abilities is not possible in turn end schematics).

Ability Levels:
I can't find a way to set an Ability Level back to Level 1 in the middle of Battle. I have my players' abilities leveling up after every use to increase MP cost dynamically, but the Ability level nodes don't seem to have the functionality to reset back to Level 1 and reset the number of Uses for the Uses Level progression.

Appreciate all the time and support! Thank you!

• I've just answered the ability level thing in your topic, let me know if you need more information :)

As for the enemy abilities - you could, in your battle AIs, add the abilities to selected data on the combatant before (or after) queueing them. Using the Object data origin and User game object will store them on the battle AI's user and can be used in the turn end schematic.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thank you @gamingislove!

That works great for selecting a specific ability, which would require each enemy with unique abilities to have their own Battle AI. I will probably use this method.
    (Seems like you can't add into Selected Data a Random Ability chosen from the available learned by the combatant, or simply add an ability you are queuing into selected data.)

How do I use an Ability Variable of an ability in selected data to change a Status Value to the value of the ability variable?

Thanks again!
  • @gamingislove Actually I think I found out how to pull that Ability variable from selected data!

Now I have to figure out why the queued ability is being used immediately.
  • @gamingislove When I first queue an ability in a Battle AI, it uses that ability immediately, without the use of a Queued Action node to trigger its use. Is this expected behavior?
    To get around this I am trying to find a way to queue two moves (None and an Ability) on the first turn only so that I can just keep one in the Action Queue.

I was expecting the queue to require a trigger of the Queue Action node to use the next ability in the queue. But rather, I am finding that if there is nothing in the queue, and I queue an ability, it uses it right away on that turn, then removing it from the queue.
  • Battle AI in queue mode will continue executing until it finished (or an action is fired immediately) - afterwards it'll use the first action in the queue.

The Queued Action node is only there to fire an action from the queue to exit the battle AI with that action and not queue any more actions.

So, in short, the battle AI will use an action in any case, either one that was fired by the AI, the first in the queue, or if nothing was found, the combatant's base attack.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • @gamingislove I see! I was not aware the Queued Action node exits the battle AI and does not further queue actions.

If there is no Queued Action Node, does the Battle AI process entirely before using the first action in the existing action queue? If so, does it use the target that was found when the ability was queued from the previous turns? Or does it use the target found in the current turn?
  • If there is no node exiting the battle AI (Queued Action or any other action node that is set to fire immediately), the battle AI will continue until it reached it's end, continue with the next battle AI of the combatant, etc. until all was processed - afterwards uses the first queued action or base attack if none is available.

Queued actions use the targets that where found/used when they where queued. If the target is no longer available (e.g. died or left the battle), a new target will be selected automatically.
  • @gamingislove Great! So it remembers the target when queuing the move. Perfect!