Hi, are there any examples of how to set up UI for "Status Value Distribution"? Something like Dark souls where you get points that you can manually add to certain attributes.
  • I don't think there's currently a tutorial for that - but the setup is pretty straight forward and works like other menu screens. You add the stats you want to be able to change, etc. right in the menu screen part.

Just keep in mind that they use value inputs, e.g. like a quantity selection or volume controls in option menus, i.e. you need to have an int value input prefab (e.g. via int slider or int button input) set up.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited January 2023
    Hi, thanks for the reply. Yea I figured out how to set it up. But its out-of-the-box behavior is not quite what I want. So for context, I'm looking to set up something similar to Diablo 1/2 or a CRPG like Divinity Original Sin.

So the main problems with regard to stats distribution are
    - I only want the value input buttons to appear when there are skills points to distribute.
    - Also I would like for the stat numbers to have the same behavior as "preview" status values (where they show the added and subtracted values)
    - Only when a point has been added I want the cancel button to appear
    - I want the distributed points to be applied automatically once the box has been closed.
    - Even with the default behavior the confirm button closes all the open boxes at the time. (obviously if the above is possible then this is not a problem...)
    Post edited by CobaltBlue73 on