edited August 2014 in General Discussion
Really enjoying ORK so far - great job. Some questions on the crafting system tho...

1) Crafting event: how can I fire an event when crafting is done? If I can do this I can figure out the rest :-)

2) Break tool: how would I notify the player that his hammer has been consumed while forging a blade for example?

3) Damage/wear: I'd like to track the state of an item, like a hammer, that degrades with use. So the chance of it being consumed in crafting should go up gradually.

tia.

• 1) Currently not possible, but you can do crafting in the event system.

2) You can set up inventory notifications in the Inventory Settings, but they'll be displayed every time something in the inventory changed (but you can individually deactivate them, e.g. in event steps).
    Also, you could only set up notifications for the items you want, since items/equipment can override the inventory notifications :)

3) That's currently not possible.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks for the quick reply.

Seems like if I set up crafting through the event system, I could set a "Usage Count" object variable on the hammer and update that each time the event was fired. The event would also use that variable in a formula to decide if it breaks or not, or maybe even affect a "Quality" variable of the Outcome (e.g. a Blade)

Am I on the right track?
  • Theoretically, yes - but practically, object variables are only for objects (i.e. an existing game object with an Object Variables component), not for items :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!