Hello Gaming Is Love:

I purchased Ork3 recently and have been following the tutorials. I got through the status system setup, initial UI setup... etc and now working on the 3D RPG Playground. I followed the "Optional Animating UI Box Tutorial" every step exactly, but can't get the schematics animating the UI Box to work at all.

In play mode, menu sits at the center of the screen and I can navigate each button, start or exit the game, but the UI Box doesn't move or fade no matter what schematic I use. I even imported and tried using the tutorial's schematics package.

Everything appears fine in the UI Box > General Settings, and I tried putting the schematics in the ui box's Override settings. It just doesn't move or fade at all.

I went through that tutorial several times but can't get it to work, don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Any help would be appreciated.
  • Do you get any error or warning message in the Unity console?

Generally, the start menu's open schematics are often just not 'visible' due to directly starting in the scene and the whole entering playmode stuff taking some time. You can try adding a Wait Time before the start menu is opened to check if that's the case.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • gamingislove said: Do you get any error or warning message in the Unity console?

Generally, the start menu's open schematics are often just not 'visible' due to directly starting in the scene and the whole entering playmode stuff taking some time. You can try adding a Wait Time before the start menu is opened to check if that's the case.
    No error or warning messages. I tried making the wait time longer in the nodes, and tried adding a wait node.

I downloaded and loaded the completed project version and it works fine. I compared the completed project with my own and it looks the same. I also created a new ork/makinom project and tested out a schematic using scaling and that worked. I think at this point I'm just going to continue on with the tutorials and maybe redo it again later to see what happens.

I read on the forum that a 2D tutorial is in the works, I'm very much looking forward to that one as I would like to make a 2D RPG with Ork.

Thanks for the quick response!