edited February 2023 in ORK Support
I feel like this must be possible and I did it at some point, but I can't find it anymore =_=

When the player goes through a SceneChanger, they are moved to the new Scene. Everything else in the previous Scene is gone.

Problem: I need other Objects to follow too. For example the camera, an object to hold some various scripts, some UI that I don't want to handle via Ork, etc.

I can just attach everything to the main combatant, but it comes with its own issues (tricky positioning, difficult to handle if I want to be able to switch combatants etc)

Is there something I can attach to an object to tell Ork "bring this too on Scene Change" ?
Post edited by Mikal on
  • Technically, the player isn't moved to the new scene, a new player is spawned in the new scene :)

In Unity to keep game objects alive when loading a new scene, they have to be set to not be destroyed on load, i.e. calling their DontDestroyOnLoad function.
    You can e.g. do this via a schematic using the Don't Destroy On Load node.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Arf, somehow I forgot you could actually do things via Unity =_= sorry about that, thanks for the quick reply!