I've been trying to set up the equipment UI that is similar to Diablo or a western style CRPG. And I have a few questions on how to customize it to make it look and function that way.

So as far as I can tell the Equipment menu part settings will by default spawn the equipment slots all at once. What is the recommended way to set up the slots manually in a custom layout so that can align with a character portrait like in Diablo?

I'm also trying to set up the equipment menu to work with an inventory container UI box, but I'm also using a menu list that is set up as tabs. Like this

But when I set up the inventory container menu as multi-menu screens (by disabling single screen) so that both of them can show up, I lose the ability to tab through the different item categories... What exactly am I doing wrong?
  • Manually placing them on positions where you want them to show up is done on your UI box prefab - you can add pre-placed inputs to it and position them however you want. E.g. just adding a Choice Button (or other button/input variants) to the UI box via the scene hierarchy context menu automatically adds them as a Placed Input to the UI box.

Inventory containers don't have item types, they can tab through different inventory containers. If you want to separate stuff by item type, use an Inventory menu part.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited January 2023
    gamingislove said: Manually placing them on positions where you want them to show up is done on your UI box prefab - you can add pre-placed inputs to it and position them however you want.
    When setting up manually, how do you specify that a particular button corresponds to a certain slot type?
    gamingislove said: Inventory containers don't have item types, they can tab through different inventory containers. If you want to separate stuff by item type, use an Inventory menu part.
    I guess I didn't phrase my question clearly enough. I actually don't care about item types. I actually want a universal container. But I want the different items to have different stacking behaviors, I want consumables to stack but I don't want equipment to stack.

But that isn't the problem I'm talking about.

https://gyazo.com/39644baf7dbea6577ce34d67a78b7e99

So I've set up the inventory containers based on the available tutorial. And working off from that I was trying to integrate it into my current menu setup which was using a Menu List Menu screen in a multi-menu screen setup. As you can see in the clip when set up this way none of the button inputs on the inventory tabs register. Also after the 1st time opening the inventory screen, if you re-open that menu screen it completely causes the menu screen to exit completely. What is causing this weird behavior?
    Post edited by CobaltBlue73 on
  • CobaltBlue73 said: When setting up manually, how do you specify that a particular button corresponds to a certain slot type?
    Well, you can't really ... you'd just have to order them in the way the slots are ordered in your menu screen.
    CobaltBlue73 said: But I want the different items to have different stacking behaviors, I want consumables to stack but I don't want equipment to stack.
    Stacking is handled by the default settings in Inventory > Inventory Settings (e.g. have all items stack and all equipment not stack). Each individual item, equipment, etc. can set up it's own custom stacking setup.

As for the menu, can you show me your setup for the Menu List and Inventory Container parts?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • gamingislove said: As for the menu, can you show me your setup for the Menu List and Inventory Container parts?
    For the inventory container part menu it's pretty much straight out from the Inventory containers tutorial
    https://orkframework.com/guide/tutorials/gameplay-bits/inventory-containers/ The only change was the menu screen option of "Single Screen" was disabled to enable more than one menu screen.

As for my menu list
    https://gyazo.com/1c6124048eae2fc98d4bad466ea891a3

https://gyazo.com/fc1076e3b03204e26eb3828fe9f6606f

https://gyazo.com/d499c976580a845c8eb85e8a4154399a
  • Did some tests with such a setup and works fine on my end.

Easiest way to find out what's going on is if you could send me a Unity test project with your setup where this happens.
    You can reduce the size of a project be deleting the Library folder from the Unity project's folder - zip it up, upload it somewhere (e.g. dropbox) and send me the link to contact@orkframework.com.
  • gamingislove said: Easiest way to find out what's going on is if you could send me a Unity test project with your setup where this happens.
    Hi I've sent you a test project with a similar issue. I really can't give you my actual project for work-related reasons but I've been able to recreate the same behavior using the 3d RPG playground tutorial.
  • Checked the project and did some tests. This is caused by not matching Pause Settings of your menu screens.
    The menu list screen pauses the game (including freeze pause), but the inventory container one doesn't. The other menu screens also pause, so they're working fine.
    Due to the inventory container not pausing the game, it's basically blocked from fully opening/closing and causes this behaviour.

So, just use the same pause setup for all menu screens that are part of the menu list and you're good :)