edited February 2023 in ORK Support
I'd like to create an ability for a turn based grid battle (using a hexmap if that matters), where you select an enemy target and it damages that target and then moves the user to an empty hex adjacent to the target (alternatively the closest empty hex to the target; or ideally the closest empty hex to the target between the user and target.) This is a "chain shoot" or "hook shoot" type ability: the user shoot a chain at the target, damaging them, and then gets pulled closer to them. Any ideas on how to build such an ability?

Related, and potentially helpful, is there an easy way to say that an ability should target the first enemy (or first enemy occupied hex for an aoe ability) along a line?
Post edited by Whatexists on
  • Naturally, this is handled in the battle events of the ability. E.g. using the Store Grid Cells node to get a free cell around the target (using battle ranges). Aftewards you just have to move there and set the combatant as the cell's combatant via Set Grid Cell Combatant node (i.e. similar to a grid move event).
    Whatexists said: Related, and potentially helpful, is there an easy way to say that an ability should target the first enemy (or first enemy occupied hex for an aoe ability) along a line?
    Using a grid shape (battle range) with line of sight should help here.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!