Is there a way to debug flying text Settings?
At some point it stopped working and I am trying to figure out why.
I went going through the documentation (I set it up following the tutorials) and all the options seem to be set correctly both on the UI>UI Settings and Status>Status Values>UI Settings but it's still not working...
  • Are you using schematics to animate the flying text?
    If yes, I'd check that - you can add debug output using Unity Console nodes. When using schematics, the flying text is only alive as long as the schematic is executed, i.e. if it doesn't have any wait time within, it's over in an instant and the flying text is gone.
    Also, using a schematic will automatically set the flying text transparent before the schematic, so a Change UI Color node should be used in any case.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited February 2023
    I am using the FlyingTextMover schematic from the tutorial
    https://orkframework.com/guide/tutorials/schematics/flying-text-mover/
    I added a Unity Console text but it looks like the schematic is not being executed.

I am not entirely sure what's not properly set in the Editor though...
    Post edited by ChimpLogik on
  • Generally looks ok - is the HUD flash displayed?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • No, I tried disabling the flash HUD option and nothing really changed.
  • If the flash also isn't working, that sounds like the flying text isn't used at all - are you sure you're doing damage?
  • Ok, I tried this morning and now the HUDs are flashing when the combatant is being damaged. Still no flying text though.
    The HUD displaying the Health Status Value is changing so I am sure the combatant is being damaged.
  • Hm, my last guess would be that they're displayed somewhere else, off screen - either due to using the wrong camera for placement or the combatant positions being somewhere else (e.g. a child object of the combatant moving instead of the prefab's root).

If it isn't either of that, I'll need a test project to check out :)