edited February 2023 in ORK Support
Hello,
I’ve got my set up as real time. I want to run a schematic on a combatant death to give me more control over the animations, sounds and gain. I can set a schematic on the death animation but it don’t seem to be able to get it to pay gains or play sound types on the killed combatant. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Post edited by cookereptiles on
  • Set up immediate battle gains collection, either in Battles > Battle End or your real time battle system overriding that default setup.
    When not set up for immediate collection, battle gains are only added to the pool to be collected whenever (via the Collect Battle Gains node in schematics).

Alternatively, you can use the Calcualte Action node in the schematic animating your combatant's death to handle getting the gains and the Collect Battle Gains node afterwards to collect them.

As for playing sounds on the combatant - make sure the combatant's game object is alive long enough to play the sound. E.g. if there's no wait time after playing the sound and the schematic ends, the game object is destroyed (unless the combatant is set up to keep the prefab alive on death).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited February 2023
    Thanks for the help. I can’t seem to get it to payout an xp reward. Even using the standard settings. I’ve set the enemy to pay out 20 as an xp reward to exp status value, it’s selected to give to the party in the end battle setting etc, but upon the combatant death it just drops the items, I don’t get any so payout despite all the settings saying to pay the xp.
  • edited February 2023
    I’ve set my experience value as per the tutorial and set my combatant to the development. I’ve set up xp status in the development, but it doesn’t pay any xp out upon the death of the enemy
  • Hm, how was the enemy killed?
    They only give EXP to the player if the player attacked it at least once, i.e. the player is registered as an attacker on the enemy. This happens automatically when doing damage as usual, i.e. ability or item outcome calculation via node or damage dealer.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Hi, the combatant was killed via an attacking schematic attached to a mouse button. Do I need to add a node to highlight who the attacker is?
  • edited March 2023
    The attack was calculated as a skill. I’ve added the ‘set attacked by’ node but it still doesn’t pay out. I can give xp using a change status value node in the combatant death schematic.
  • edited March 2023
    I’m also getting an issue when the real time battle ends it won’t allow another one to start. I don’t have the whole zone enabled as a real time battle, it’s set to automatic when an enemy starts a battle.

When the first battle ends the component stays in the inspector. I can start a new battle with a node but the original isn’t destroyed
  • cookereptiles said: Hi, the combatant was killed via an attacking schematic attached to a mouse button. Do I need to add a node to highlight who the attacker is?
    No, if it happens as part of an ability or item (or generally a battle action), that's handled automatically. This'd only be needed if it's e.g. via some custom scripts or just using Change Status Value nodes and not part of a battle action.

Did you set up immediate collection and also have collecting experience enabled (either Battles > Battle End setings or your battle system's override)?

cookereptiles said: I’m also getting an issue when the real time battle ends it won’t allow another one to start. I don’t have the whole zone enabled as a real time battle, it’s set to automatic when an enemy starts a battle.

When the first battle ends the component stays in the inspector. I can start a new battle with a node but the original isn’t destroyed
    Are you using Real Time Battle Area or Battle components for your battles?
  • The collect gains/xp is set.

Real time battle is set to default. I’ve not set the whole scene as a battle area, it creates the battle automatically when an enemy is aggro. It’s pretty much on the default settings. I can start the another battle if I use a node, it’ll create a new _battle object in the scene and then combat will restart, but that doesn’t remove the original. If I don’t use a node then then another battle won’t restart on aggro, the combatants hunt as normal and follow their target but they all stay marked as not in combat and don’t attack.
  • edited March 2023
    Without using Real Time Battle Area components, battles will be stated by coming close to the enemy and creates a Battle component setup automatically (if none is used by the combatant spawner). So, pretty much the same as using any other battle system type :)

That should definitely work (and works on my end).
    Can you show me your combatant's death schematic? Either post a picture or maybe send me the schematic to contact@orkframework.com.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • Thanks, if I remove the death schematic should it work as normal?
  • Maybe - depends on what's causing the issue. If it's something you do in your death schematic, it should solve it. In that case the combatant's game object is destroyed immediately and the loot/exp is collected and added to the battle's gains or immediately (depending on the setup of the battle system).
  • Further testing: I removed the death schematic and the combat start and stop schematics, same result, no xp pay out and another battle won’t restart without a node. I’ve been through all the settings for real time, general and battle end. The combatants are marked as not in battle once the original battle ends. It’s very strange.
  • I’ve solved the battle issue: unchecking the ‘use scene id’ on the combatant spawner means the battles will function as planned. No xp payout though. I can work around the payout in the death schematic though
  • cookereptiles said: I’ve solved the battle issue: unchecking the ‘use scene id’ on the combatant spawner means the battles will function as planned.
    Well, yeah - this functionality is used to mark a battle as finished. If all your spawners have the same Scene ID (e.g. due to copying them), you can assign new scene ID's to all of them via the Reset All Scene IDs button on the component.
    Or disabling it, allowing battles to appear again (e.g. after scene change).
    cookereptiles said: No xp payout though.
    That's very strange - this definitely works on my end. As long as the combatant has an exp reward set up and was killed after the player attacked it at least once, the exp should be added to the battle gains (or immediate collection).
    Hard to say what's going on without seeing your setup or having a project to test.