I'm in the process of handling what happens when the player dies in battle. What I'd like to do is have a UI box when the player dies. Clicking on a button revives the player and enacts a death penalty via schematic. All of this is working... Except..

When the player is revived some weird things happen. For example: ORK.Game.ActiveGroup.Leader now returns null. I have a bunch of functions relying on this returning the player and they all break. So okay, after reviving the player I can call the Join Group node and have him rejoin the Active Player Group. I can also use the Set Lock Field Leader to make sure he's the leader. But now the Active Group also no longer contains my allies. Also, for some reason ORK.Game.ActiveGroup.Leader.Inventory.ContentChanged events no longer fire (maybe because the reference has changed) and pressing my assigned inventory key no longer brings up the inventory.

So before I spent all day trying to figure all this out, I just wanted to ask if there is some easy way to revive the player and the active group in such a way that it is restored to exactly the same state as it was before it died, references and all.

Thanks,
-Mike
  • Are you using the Leave On Death option in the combatant's Death Settings?

Also, if you're doing this in the death schematic, make sure to also use a Cancel Death node.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks for the quick reply. Your response helped me find the issue. I was triggering the menu by calling the Game Over node. This was unnecessary and was probably caused the issue. Instead I now call the menu inside the Death schematic and removed the call to the Game Over node. Now it's working.

Also I was not able to use the Cancel Death node because I need the Battle to end and when I use Cancel Death inside the Death Schematic it prevents the Battle from ending (though maybe I could manual end the battle in the Death Schematic). But the Regenerate with Revive Dead node seems to do the trick.

Thanks again!
  • The Game Over node ends the game, so naturally nothing will work as expected afterwards without starting a new game or loading a save game.

If the battle should end, this is probably best used in the battle end schematic (probably the defeat one if the player lost).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!