I have a control behaviour set up to add a character controller, however it isn't being added to the player despite the "add component" being checked. I tried a few things that I will detail out.

First, my scene setup is as follows. It has an ORK Game start with start game checked and it is running simple start schematic as detailed in the documentation (i.e join group with a combatant selected -> spawn ork player).

I noticed that if I didn't join the active player group and then spawned the player, the control behaviours would be added to the player game prefab; however, the player prefab would not be a combatant.

Am I misunderstanding control behaviours? The Makinom documentation says that the Spawn Player (not ORK Player) and that the Set Player nodes should add the controls but neither of those do anything once I have joined the active player group and spawned my player combatant.

Attached is an image of my base/control and what I mean:

And the next set of photos is after I remove the join group node and just use spawn player.

• Did a quick test and definitely working for me. Do you get any errors in the Unity console?

As for ORK player and Makinom player - the Makinom player is only used for standalone Makinom stuff and doesn't get any of the ORK features attached. The ORK player however is also the Makinom player.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • It would appear it wasn't adding because I had a custom movement component set up under combatants that was empty. Its fixed now