Hello, I am struggling with initiating turn based battles. Despite spending several hours troubleshooting, I have been unable to find a solution. Here are the steps I've taken so far:

- Checked the HP is not 0
- Ensured that the layers are properly configured
- Defined the combatants in the battle component
- Changed the scene ID for the battle component
- Checked if the player is alive

Although a HUD element appears when I enter the battle trigger, the battle does not start and the "battle start schematic" does not execute. No error messages are displayed either.
  • Hm, you probably already checked that - but also make sure the player and the battle's combatants are enemies. The sympathy between the player's and enemy's faction must be negative (defined in Combatants > Factions > General Settings).

Otherwise, I'd need some details on your setup, e.g. start type of the battle.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thankyou! It turned out that the issue was related to Faction Sympathy. We've recently made several changes to our combatants, and it looks like the Player/Enemy Faction Sympathy was accidentally removed.
  • Strange - a newly created project will have 3 basic factions with sympathies set up (player, ally and enemy), so that should only be gone if you actively change it in the faction settings.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!