edited April 2023 in ORK Support
Hi,

I just did the following tutorial:
https://orkframework.com/guide/tutorials/3d-rpg-playground/12-shop/#11-toc-title
In shops, the info displays the buy/sell price [...]
This works as indicated in the tutorial using text codes such as [price][icon]. So far so good.

But I am now trying to display the currency icon in the list box as an Image using the "Use Content Icon". When I select in my HUD the "Status Type" shortcut, I only get the icon of the current item.

Is it possible to get the currency in the HUD under "Status Type" related to list boxes in shops?
Post edited by Tzunamii on
  • Yes, you can pretty much add any content information via text codes. Beside the text codes listed above a text area, you can also use standard text codes that are avaialble everywhere.

While editing text, click on the small More button and you'll have a wide range of stuff available. Select the Data button to get all available content data, e.g. for currency.

E.g. the currency icon for a selected currency (identified by it's GUID):
    <currency.icon=GUID>
    GUID being the currency's GUID text/string, you can see that information at the top of each setting. Though it's easier to just select what you want to display in the menu above the text area :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited April 2023
    Thank you for your answer. This is very Interesting. I can definitely use that later. :)

Unfortunately, I'm still unable to solve my problem. I'll try to express myself better: ^^

I need the currency icon of the currently displayed item as an image in the "Status Content". Since I use multiple currencies, I don't know which currency should currently be displayed.

So my question is: Is it possible to obtain the currency icon as a UI image rather than a text display string ([price][icon] or through [currency.icon=GUID] as you mentioned earlier) by utilizing the "Content Layout" option in the Shop Layout under "List Box" settings?

When this is not possible: How can i get the actual currency icon (from the actual item which is displayed) via Textcode regarding the HUD which is displayed under Shop Layouts > "Shop" > List Box > Content Layout?

I hope it's understandable ^^
  • Currencies are not linked to items, so there's no way to do that.
    Also, shops only deal in the currency that's defined in their settings.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited April 2023
    I see, every shop can handle one currency. This made my question unnecessary, since I can simply use different HUDs/UI Boxes for each shop. Thanks!