Following the 2D tutorial I've got to the Death animation. well the Fade nodes don't work, the enemy doesn't fade away.

I've checked that my schematic is the same as the example project (it does work there with the mushrooms)

I've checked that my enemy prefab is the same as the mushroom, has a sprite renderer. has a sprite with same settings like the mushroom.

The only difference is that this is a URP project.
  • Try changing sprite material to the oblique. If this won't work, then using nodes recreate standard sprite shader.
  • I don't know what this material oblique is? where is this located?

you can't recreate standard unity shaders. they have internal locked properties that unity never revealed. you can recreate it as close as possible but never quite the same. I've did this for the HDRP shader and I've figured this out the hard way.

either way both of these options not work for me.

What I want to know if all this asset nodes work with URP. Just to know what can I expect down the way.
  • I've found the issue, the sprite prefab had an animator with animation attached to it which took precedence over the nodes in the schematics :|

my bad. issue resolved.
  • Also, for future references - keep in mind to also use the correct Scope setting. E.g. if the sprite (or whatever thing you want to fade) is on a child object, you need to set that up here. Otherwise it'd only fade components directly attached to the used game object.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!