This really gets me crazy.

After following the 2D tutorial and (maybe) got at least a basic idea of how this works, I've decide to start with a clean project and use the Status System Setup as starting point (to not manually add all the stuff from there)

Long story short, all day I've prepared this project, I've added a character moving around, scene changes, music, I've read the 2D tutorial again and setting everything that was not already set by the Status System Setup.

Got to the battle part.

character moves around the scene, random battle doesn't trigger, nothing. the direct battle doesn't trigger also.

The old project I've worked didn't had this problem.

what are the MINIMUM requirements to trigger a battle successfully to verify if I have added them correctly?
  • edited April 2023
    I think this forum is the proverbial rubber duck. After explaining the issue somehow I get a really lucky break.

importing the Status System Setup will delete the Faction Sympathy Settings, the 0 1 and 2 from the image bellow.

I've verified with an empty project and importing the ORK system from the package manager and those three are included by default.

Adding them back fixed the issue and now battles trigger.

I've got really lucky here. Must be the beginner luck. I don't know how I've noticed this

Post edited by dorusoftware on
  • One thing to keep in mind - the completed status system setup is a complete ORK project, i.e. importing it into an already existing Unity project with an already set up ORK project can lead to issues, since you put 2 projects together.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I think this is a mistake anyway. You should update that project.

I see nor reason why the Status system package should remove an essential condition that is required by the battle system
  • Well, the status system setup has that all set up correctly - but if you import it into an existing project, the existing project's factions could be replaced by the other project's factions, the sympathy definitions no longer matching.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited April 2023
    I've created a new project, imported ORK from the marketplace then I've imported the Status system complete unity package from the page bellow. This erases the sympathy setup, making the status system not working.

https://orkframework.com/resources/downloads/ork3/tutorials/complete_setups/StatusSystemSetup.unitypackage
    Post edited by dorusoftware on
  • Oh my god, you're right - that's really strange. Sorry about that!

I've updated the status system setup package with the faction sympathy set up.
  • glad to be of help :) for a beginner like me that may cause a lot of issue