edited April 2023 in ORK Support
What I want is to have a turn based system where each combatant, regardless of the faction they are part of, takes turn one after another. So we could have EnemyA, PlayerA, EnemyB, EnemyC, PlayerB
Post edited by dorusoftware on
  • the closest I've got to the above scenario was

first using the Phase mode.

all works except one single point, it keeps the combatant grouped by faction. PlayerA, PlayerB, EnemyA, EnemyB, EnemyC

I can't seem to find a way to disable the "Phase Order" "Calculate phase order" which groups the factions, Player and Enemy.

I've also use Turn Based Mode, here we have the same problem. The turn order keeps the units in group in the order queue.

Any method to have free order battle where enemies can mix player units in the queue
  • In Battle->Battle System, Click on Turn Based, if it's not available, create a new Battle System and set the Battle System Type to Turn Based.

Next, scroll to Battle Mode->Turn Based Mode, and set it to Active. This will allow all the combatants, regardless of faction, to take turns right after the next.

Lastly, navigate to Turn Order Settings, use the Turn Calculation to set the actual order for each combatant. It's best to use a formula here. In the formula, you want to call the user's status value for controlling their turn order. Create a status value and name it something like Speed. This value will determine their order compared to all the other combatants.
  • I've already done all of this except using a formula for calculating.

Instead of a formula, for testing purposes, I've used a status value called initiative with fixed values for each combatant. This way I can check if they follow the initiative values.

The result is that ORK doesn't follow the order as expected. so 5,4,3,2,1. But, if 4 and 2 are the player units the order will be, 5 (the enemy), 4, 2!(the player), then, 3, 1(the enemy again). This is for TurnBasedSetup

Instead for the Phase mode, there is a defined Phase mode order option that unfortunately doesn't have an option to be bypassed. So the order will be either Player group first or Enemy Group first. The order in Group! is calculated on each individual initiative (the status value I've added for each unit)
  • As @Dre788 said - that's a Turn Based battle system with Active turn based mode.

Why the order is wrong is hard to say without seeing your setup. Also, make sure the value you're checking is set up correctly (e.g. select the combatant's game object in-game and check it's status values in the inspector).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • the order is not wrong. I've asked how to disable, if possible, the player and enemies being grouped in the order queue
  • let me ask a different question, maybe I'm doing it wrong

is this setup correct?

• I've implemented the Turn Order HUD to better check what is going on.

thing is that the initiative values are changed when in battle, they are not those that were set on the character. instead of being 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. they are either 1 or 3. I don't understand what changes them
  • You might want to use the Current Value instead the Base Value for the Used Value setting. The base value is the 'raw' value without any bonuses or other things applied, the current value is the actual value the status value has at the moment. Depending on what kind of status value it is (and how it receives development) the base value could just be 0 (e.g. for consumable status values).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I've tried that.

initiative set up in the status list
    example of how the status is set on a combatant ( I have 5 combatants each with values from 1 to 5
    turn calculation settings
    the combatant with initiative 5 now has it 2. the rest of combatants have either 3 2 or 1
  • Does the combatant's Status Development have the Initiative status value added/set up? The status development takes priority over individually added status value start values.
  • I think this may be the issue.