edited May 2023 in ORK Support
Im trying to modify the 'Fire' ability from the status tutorial to leave a burning field when used which:
- disappear after x turns
- damage enemies who move over them
- be displayed by a prefab that includes a fire particle system
- highlight the cell where they are created.
I am using the battle grid.

Currently, the 'Fire' ability creates a temporary cell event that disappears after x turns, achieved through auto destroy. The schematic of the ability spawns a prefab (over Spawn-Node) on the cell and highlights it (over Highlight Grid Cell-Node).

However, the prefab and highlighting remain active even after the temporary cell event is destroyed. To address this, I need to find a way to destroy the prefab and remove the highlighting after the x turns have elapsed.
Post edited by Tzunamii on
  • I'll add an option to use a schematic when the event is removed to temporary cell events. That should make it possible to remove the prefab and highlight.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited May 2023
    I tested the new option and the highlighting is working now. Thank you for this helpful option!

But I have a problem to remove the created prefab. How can I store the created prefab in schematic A and load and remove it in schematic B? There can be multiple instance, so using global is not possible.

Edit: One solution Ive found with help of Acissathar is:

Schematic A:
    Add the spawned prefab in a variable (selected data) with a Object-ID origin and use the GameObject-Name (In this case this is the name of the grid cell) as the key.

Schematic B:
    Select Selected Data this loads the stored prefab from the selected data using Select Type: First in a local variable which are final used in a Destroy Object node to destroy the created prefab object.

This seems to work. But I want to check if
    1) there exists a simple solution instead of this
    2) can lead to a logical error using the above settings?
  • You can also have object variables on your grid cells (see Object Variables Settings for the cell types, also set them as Local Variables) - that way you can use Object selected data via the grid cell instead of an object ID. Both Object ID and Object via object variables work fine, though.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited May 2023
    Oh thats great to hear. Ive tried before but it didnt work, so I assumed it wouldnt work and gave up after a short while.

But now I will try it later again. Thank you.
  • edited July 2023
    Ive another question about temporary cell events. Currently my 'Fireball' hits combatants around the target (1 gridcell) but the temporary cell event only appears at the original target cell (over Battle Animation).

Is it possible to have a cell event appear on all targets (in this case cells) that the fireball hits?

Edit Done, if there is no simpler solution. Thanks.
    Have made it via checking the ability range and Select Grid Cell node.
  • Yeah, that's the way to go :)