edited May 2023 in ORK Support
Hi is there a way to change the font of all text in ork in one action? Im polishing UI at the moment and see quite a lot of time ahead in various alterations and hope there's a shortcut for this one =)

Also is there a way in the ui to have the highlight several aspects of the button but not all,, similar to botw
https://www.gameuidatabase.com/uploads/TheLegendofZelda_BreathoftheWild04232020-110353.jpg

Also is there a way to highlight it lighter to make everything appear several shades 'whiter'?
Post edited by Jiraiya2 on
  • edited May 2023
    In a turn based battle I have created creates a duplicate of the combatant which is who we battle, with the original who we talk to prior to entering battle staying visible during combat and afterward even if they are defeated, what would be causing that?
  • edited May 2023
    Also where do I find the setting for the placement for the play health in the editor during 3d playground battles?
    Im also trying to change the horizontal padding for the player HUD information so its not so close to the edge of the ui box, but its greyed out on the prefab object, ive tested some of the setting but haven't come across one that brings the text in more.
    How do we bring player portraits into that player hud
  • edited May 2023
  • edited May 2023
    Im using the third person camera, how do I make it so that it doesn't go through objects like houses or terrain?
  • edited May 2023
    Also when I click on skip turn in the combat for some reason the choice selection battle menu moves significantly left, sometimes offscreen, sometimes its automatic upon a different party members turn, do you know why this might be?
  • edited May 2023
  • edited May 2023
    Also currently if we die in a battle for some reason the game just doesn't continue, it brings up the 'you lost message' but then keeps us in the battle scene with the idles and animations running as normal. The players also don't disappear when defeated, they just stand there.
    Finally before I get some sleep, my party members, when they get stuck behind me after colliding with objects etc, clip back to me and don't have their regular walking patters or animation tiggers etc. So if they're stuck begind and I move past a threshold are this occurs. I know the teleport to player is built into the editor menu, however who would it be abandoning its normal movement pattens when t does?
    If I walk back to where the character got stuck then the duplicate next to me disappears. Then the character will keep trying to pathfinder until it returns back. How would this be solved?
    Here is what it looks like:

The duplicate also ignored colliders

Thanks for the help, the team im a part of is getting a demo ready for a timeline date, so its been all hands on deck with polish and bug fixing at the moment!
  • Since text is displayed via TextMesh Pro components, I'm not sure if they have a way to automatically update fonts of all text components like that. That might be something you'll have to do for all your UI prefabs manually.

The visual highlight of buttons is up to your button prefab's setup.
    Jiraiya2 said: In a turn based battle I have created creates a duplicate of the combatant which is who we battle, with the original who we talk to prior to entering battle staying visible during combat and afterward even if they are defeated, what would be causing that?
    Probably your setup - only the combatants you fight with and defeat would be automatically gone (if you use a Scene ID to mark the battle as done, otherwise they can reappear, e.g. if it's via combatant spawner and respawning them after time).
    If the NPC and combatant you fight are separate, you need to make the NPC disappear, either via a schematic destroying/disabling the game object or e.g. a Game Object Manager component (on another separate game object) doing that based on conditions, e.g. a variable that is set.
    Jiraiya2 said: Also where do I find the setting for the placement for the play health in the editor during 3d playground battles?
    Im also trying to change the horizontal padding for the player HUD information so its not so close to the edge of the ui box, but its greyed out on the prefab object, ive tested some of the setting but haven't come across one that brings the text in more.
    How do we bring player portraits into that player hud
    I'd recommend to check out the tutorials on how the player HUD was made. You'll find all the information there. Generally, this is based on the HUD's prefab and the UI layout used to place them.
    Portraits would also be added to the HUD's prefab, e.g. using the scene hierachy's context menu: Makinom > HUD > Content > Portrait Content (Sprite)
    Jiraiya2 said: When I exit battle for the first time then for the rest of the game, for some reason the menu tabs disappear.
    You most likely use schematics to animate showing and hiding the UI box - but if they don't match the UI box might not be visible after showing it once (e.g. hiding fades out the color or changes the position, but showing doesn't fade in or resets the position).
    Jiraiya2 said: Im using the third person camera, how do I make it so that it doesn't go through objects like houses or terrain?
    E.g. use Collision Camera Settings in Base/Control > Game Controls > Player Settings.
    Jiraiya2 said: Also when I click on skip turn in the combat for some reason the choice selection battle menu moves significantly left, sometimes offscreen, sometimes its automatic upon a different party members turn, do you know why this might be?
    Most likely schematics used to animate your UI boxes again :)
    Jiraiya2 said: Also after battle the player hud's layer upon each other even though on initial start they are spaced evenly.
    How are they placed - e.g. using a UI layout? I'd need to know the details of your setup.
    It could also be an issue with the HUD's size not adjusting to their displayed content, so an issue in the HUD prefab.
    Jiraiya2 said: Also currently if we die in a battle for some reason the game just doesn't continue, it brings up the 'you lost message' but then keeps us in the battle scene with the idles and animations running as normal. The players also don't disappear when defeated, they just stand there.
    That's set up in the Defeat Schematic of your battle system's Battle Start/End Schematics. You need to set up what happens in this case, e.g. calling game over, or just returning back to the field, e.g. reviving the player, etc.
    Players will usually stick around when defeated, e.g. to allow to revive them. The combatant's death settings have options for automatically removing them from the group and destroying them. Everything else is handled in the death schematics used to animate death.
    Jiraiya2 said: Finally before I get some sleep, my party members, when they get stuck behind me after colliding with objects etc, clip back to me and don't have their regular walking patters or animation tiggers etc. So if they're stuck begind and I move past a threshold are this occurs. I know the teleport to player is built into the editor menu, however who would it be abandoning its normal movement pattens when t does?
    That's in your combatant's move AI setup (Combatants > Move AIs). The Group Settings of the move AI define stuff like follow range, moving out of the way or auto respawning when too far away, etc.
    Movement itself is up to your combatant's movement component setup, e.g. using NavMesh agent to avoid getting stuck on something (if you use NavMesh in your project).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!