edited May 2023 in ORK Support
Hi,
I have two generally question:

A.
If I want the player to have a choice of two rewards how can I do this using ORK? Its not necessary (but it can) to use the quest system for this purpose.

1) For the quest system I dont see the possibility to let the player decide between two rewards.
2) My second solution is to use a shop. I dont know if this is a good solution and at the moment I have the problem that I cannot close the shop after "purchasing" an item, because it reopens immediately except I wait 0.1s. The closing schematic runs in the Buy Schematic setting in the shop. If I close the shop via an input key it works. Is it possible that you cannot close the shop after/while a purchase in the Buy Schematic?

B.
That actually has nothing to do with the above topic but how do you implement a character selection with a new game?
As above, I'm thinking about a "shop"-solution. Exists a better solution?
Post edited by Tzunamii on
  • A) The way I would do it is use a schematic + machine that fits (interaction, etc) that uses a Choice Dialogue node at that point where they would decide. Depending on which choice, you can then add the desired item to the inventory, and then in both scenarios mark the quest step as finished afterwards. If they cancel, then don't mark quest as finished.

B) This one can be done a few ones. The way I did it in the past was using a custom UI Box, and just a big Choice Dialogue node. Each choice then added the respective combatant to the player group, and set a variable (for me you were allowed 4 characters) that added one, and if not yet 4, looped back to the choice dialogue.

You can add conditions to this dialogue choices, so using that example again, I also set a variable "MageWasChosen" and if that was set to true, the Mage choice was not available for another combatant choice. Or, you'd have a different Mage choice that when selected did the opposite, removed that combatant from the group, subtracted 1, set MageWasChosen to false, and looped back.
  • Thank you!

Havent looked into Dialogues yet. But that seems to be exactly what I need.