Hello, I'm here again for questions!

I want an enemy to use ability after completing the base attack, I think I've done all the work follow the tutorial:
1.Set two abilities, "Attack" set as base attack, another ability e.g."Poison Attack" or any other skill;
2.Add Battle AI to the Combatants, "Base Attack" and "Use Ability"(just like in the tutorial but without "Chance" node);
3.Battle System Type->Phase, Action Settings->Actions Per Turn:2;
4.Using Battle Grid for fight. In ord to test AI work, I didn't set any limit in Range Settings, the enemy doesn't have to move and also has no use range limit;

In the end, the result of the run is that the enemy will only do base attack twice!
Then I try to use only one action, setting the Battle AI->Use Ability. But it still only does base attack once.
Next I reset the "Poison Attack" to the enemy's own base attack, the ability cast normally. So the ability set should be fine, it just doesn't work in Battle AI.

I went to check the documentation about Battle AI, one of the passages says: "A combatant can have multiple battle AIs – if none of the battle AIs results in an action, the combatant will try performing it’s base attack (or do nothing if that fails)".
I really don't see what I'm missing, and have no way to find out what caused the action not to be executed.
  • Can you show me your battle AI setup, or explain it in more detail?
    Also, the battle AI can only use actions the combatant has available, so if it uses an ability, the combatant must have the ability.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited May 2023
    OH! I figured out what went wrong. I used the "Join Battle" node to spawn enemies, then for some reason didn't check the "Learn Abilities" check box. I always assumed it was a configuration problem and didn't check in Schematic.Thanks for your help anyway!
    Post edited by Xiaofan on
  • edited May 2023
    In addition, I have other questions about the Status Effects and Sound:

1. Take Poison Attacks again as an example. The first attack will show flying text, indicating that the combatant is poisoned. But the second attack will refresh the poison turn without any UI notification. What if I want the effects to show flying text every time I use a skill?Where can I set this? I can't find the relevant Settings.

2. I want enemies use base attack at the same time in their phase, so I checked the box: Phase->Phase Settings->Battle Mode->Use Dynamic Combat.

Since these enemies are using the same attack schematics, this results in 10 enemies playing 10 attack sounds, which can be very noisy when stacked together. Is there a way to fix this? For example, play only one sound? I thought about not playing sound in the attack schematics and adding a node to play sound in the other Settings of the enemy turn. The problem with this is that if all 10 enemies are frozen out of action, the sound might still play, unless you're trying to determine the enemy's status, which would be too much trouble. Is there an easier way?
    Post edited by Xiaofan on
  • 1) Flying texts are currently only used when a status effect is applied, not when it's re-applied.
    I'll look into adding an option for that :)

2) You could use a global bool variable (or a game state) for this.
    The attack schematic first checks if it's set - if not, set it and play the sound, otherwise skip the sound.
    At the end of the attack schematic (or after some time within the schematic) change it back.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • gamingislove said: 1) Flying texts are currently only used when a status effect is applied, not when it's re-applied.
    I'll look into adding an option for that :)
    That's great. Thank you for your support!
    gamingislove said: 2) You could use a global bool variable (or a game state) for this.
    The attack schematic first checks if it's set - if not, set it and play the sound, otherwise skip the sound.
    At the end of the attack schematic (or after some time within the schematic) change it back.
    That's a good idea. I'll try it.