I have an issue with what I am guessing is from Move AI. I have two combatants in my party and when I switch to the other, I can control the combatant but it will return to what might be a waypoint or something. The combatant I start with control over works like it should, but then when I switch away and back again, it does the same thing as the 2nd combatant. Returning to some point. Move AI should automatically be disabled when under player control correct?
  • After a night of thinking about it, I suspect the ai pathfinding component is holding the location and just needs to be disabled while under player control. Along those lines, I have seen where to add custom prefabs and components to players, but is there a setting or place to load a schematic for what to do on player change?
  • Which AI pathfinding are you using?
    NavMesh agent should automatically be disabled by the built-in player controls, in case that's what you're using.

If you're using custom controls, you can implement turnging on/off the pathfinding component there.

Via schematic, a solution could be adding an Auto Machine or a Tick Machine to your combatant prefabs that checks if it's the player and enable/disable the component based on that.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I am using A* Pathfinding with your wrapper, thanks for that by the way. I setting up a script to enable/disable the components. Is there a event specific for leader change? I am using ORK.Game.PlayerHandler.ActiveGroup.Changed but if there is one specific for leader changes that would be cleaner.
  • There is ORK.Game.PlayerHandler.Changed to get notified when the player (i.e. controlled combatant) changes.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!