I have an interaction machine set to trigger a conversation through integrated dialogue system. After the conversation ends, the interaction button will not work and allow me to start the conversation schematic again though the interaction box appears. Other controls work without issue. Is there a setting I am missing in the editor or interaction machine that limits the times the interaction can be triggered?

https://imgur.com/a/0mqv8wW
  • edited June 2023
    @shortyyard Hmm I could be wrong on this missing more of what you're doing, but best guess is that the schematic is still running because it looks like success loops back around again to the Check.

If you look at the inspector while game is running you can find number of schematics running in Ork.

Or maybe toss a Unity Console node in there that says "Conversation active" to the debug console and see if it's printing it forever after you press button the first time.

I really love the unity console node for debugging schematics, super helpful :)
    Post edited by GeneralK on
  • I have never noticed all that info was in the Makinom inspector before, that is very helpful thank you. Sadly the schematic does end so thats not the problem.

The loop is just the best way I could figure out to not have the schematic end before the conversation ended so I could hide the UI while the UI Dialogue System is up.
  • Even weirder, if I duplicate my NPC in the scene I can interact more than once. However, they both rotate towards me when interacting with one.
  • Is there some condition added to the interaction machine?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • No conditions are set in the interaction controller. I went in this morning and tested using just normal ORK dialogue and I can repeat the conversation so that is something I will troubleshoot with pixel crusher. However, the interactions are still being weird. I double checked layers and collider sizes but for some reason it is triggering interactions for two separate interaction machines. I am not spawning the NPCs via ORK and instead putting directly into the scene. Does that mess with the schematic Machine Object and Starting Object settings?
  • What's your schematic's actor setup?
    E.g. if it finds game objects by name or tag, that could lead to multiple game objects being used at the same time ...
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited June 2023
    https://imgur.com/a/7Gc5kZ8

I think I have narrowed it down to Toggle HUD node set up as above. The interaction wont trigger a second time if I am using the 2nd Toggle HUD node even though the interaction HUD isn't being toggled. Disabling the second node makes it work. And it doesn't matter if I am using ORK dialogue or Dialogue System's. Any ideas?
    Post edited by shortyyard on
  • Unless it causes some error that halts the schematic, prevent it from finishing, there's no reason why toggling HUDs on/off would cause that.
    Do you get any error in the Unity console?
  • I wasn’t getting a console error. If I have a toggle HUD node in the beginning of the schematic it will cause the same issue after the 2nd interaction when it turns the HUD back on. I also attempted to use the On settings instead of toggle and it caused same issue.
  • Hm, I think I'll need a Unity test project to check this out.
    If you can send me one, please check out this documentation on the topic.