edited January 2014 in Announcements
And it's officially released ... whoho!

Release notes
Thread in Unity forum

When upgrading from a beta-version, please follow this how-to, else you'll break your project :)

The plan

Well, with the official release done and done, what's the game plane from here on?

First, let's be clear - that's not the end of the road, there's still a lot of new features, big and small, to be done.
I'll spend the next 2-3 weeks mostly giving support and writing tutorials - after that it's back to pumping out new features.

One of the next big things to come will be a WYSIWYG editor for things like GUI boxes and HUDs!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you all know, beta17 was the last beta version before the official release. So, what's coming, and when?

When?

There's still some stuff to do, and there's christmas and new year coming up. I can't promise it, but I'll try to get it out between christmas and new year - but it'll most likely be in the first week of 2014 :)

What?

There'll be some basic changes:
  • DRM System
    The DRM system will be gone, so no more logging in required :)
  • Code Access
    You'll have access the gameplay related code, i.e. settings, systems, etc.
    The editor and core functionality will still be closed source. ORK Framework will still be delivered as DLLs, so you'll also have to compile your code changes to DLLs (but you'll already have the project ready to do this).
And some new features:
  • Conditional Prefabs for Combatants
    The combatant's prefab can now change depending on status and variable conditions.
  • Variable Display in Editor
    There's a new sub-section in the Editor section to scan all settings, scenes and events for defined variables, and you can add variables here.
    Those variables can than be added in all variable fields in the editor and inspectors. The variable list is brought up by clicking on a button - depending on the input in the variable text field, the list is filtered (e.g. 'var' will list all variables including 'var', like 'var1', 'othervar', etc.)
  • Move AI and Events
    A new event step allows blocking/unblocking the Move AI. Additionally, Game Events can automatically block the move AI for all combatants or only event actors (with combatants).
  • Item Collection
    The item collection dialogue is now optional (by default enabled). If disabled, the item will be collected right away - the setting can be found in the Inventory settings.
  • Music in Shops and Menu Screens
    You can now change the music in Shops and Menu Screens - similar to the Change Music event step. The previously playing music will resume playback after the shop/menu has been closed.
  • Tooltip HUDs
    They'll now also be displayed above item collectors (Single and Random only, for Box item collectors, you need to add a Scene Object to the collector).
  • Control Maps
    The control map keys got a new Type setting to define what'll happen when the key is used. Additionally to using an Action or Shortcut slot, they can now also enable/disable a combatant's Auto Attack.
    This will reset the Use Shortcut setting (because it's gone :D).
  • Battle Advantages
    You can now set a group (player or enemy) to have a defined number of first phases in Phase type battles (like with the first turns in Turn Based battles).
  • Experience Gain: Level Difference Factor
    Yeah, finally - you can have different experience gains depending on the level difference between defeated combatant and the one receiving experience.
    You can set them up in the Experience status value, define the level difference (0 would be same level, -1 means the defeated combatant is one level higher, 1 means the defeated combatant is one level lower) and the factor by which the experience is multiplied (1 is 100 %, 0.5 is 50 %, 1.75 is 175 %).
    The nearest found difference will be used, e.g. when the real difference is 10 levels and the highest defined is 5, the factor of the 5 level difference is used.
  • Editor: Navigation history
    New buttons allow moving back and forward in the sections/sub-sections/data lists you've visited.
  • Check Transform event step
    Checks an object's position, rotation or scale - you can check each axis separately.
  • Equipment can override sounds
    An equipped weapon or armor can override the combatant's sounds. Only the selected sound type will be overridden.
  • Equipment Viewers: Object Variables
    The variable conditions of EV can now also check object variables.
I'll add more stuff as it's coming :)
Post edited by gamingislove on
Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Excited as always. :D
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • I'm really excited for this! Can't wait to get my hands on this!
  • Conditional prefabs sound really useful!
  • maybe in 2.1 UMA integration perhaps.
  • New stuff:
    • Move AI and Events
      A new event step allows blocking/unblocking the Move AI. Additionally, Game Events can automatically block the move AI for all combatants or only event actors (with combatants).
    • Item Collection
      The item collection dialogue is now optional (by default enabled). If disabled, the item will be collected right away - the setting can be found in the Inventory settings.
    • Music in Shops and Menu Screens
      You can now change the music in Shops and Menu Screens - similar to the Change Music event step. The previously playing music will resume playback after the shop/menu has been closed.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • woop ty for adding it man, appreciated.
  • looking good!!
    ORK user since 2014. Patron since 2018.
  • edited December 2013
    Nice! :D

Will there be a crossfade option with the menu music changes?

Edit: Nevermind, I missed the bit where you said it'd be like the Change Music step. Awesome!
    Post edited by Kirb on
  • Sure, all the nice options from the Change Music event step are available :)
  • New stuff
    • Tooltip HUDs
      They'll now also be displayed above item collectors (Single and Random only, for Box item collectors, you need to add a Scene Object to the collector).
    • Control Maps
      The control map keys got a new Type setting to define what'll happen when the key is used. Additionally to using an Action or Shortcut slot, they can now also enable/disable a combatant's Auto Attack.
      This will reset the Use Shortcut setting (because it's gone :D).
    • Battle Advantages
      You can now set a group (player or enemy) to have a defined number of first phases in Phase type battles (like with the first turns in Turn Based battles).
    • Experience Gain: Level Difference Factor
      Yeah, finally - you can have different experience gains depending on the level difference between defeated combatant and the one receiving experience.
      You can set them up in the Experience status value, define the level difference (0 would be same level, -1 means the defeated combatant is one level higher, 1 means the defeated combatant is one level lower) and the factor by which the experience is multiplied (1 is 100 %, 0.5 is 50 %, 1.75 is 175 %).
      The nearest found difference will be used, e.g. when the real difference is 10 levels and the highest defined is 5, the factor of the 5 level difference is used.
  • Scaled exp gains, yes! :D
  • You're adding quite a few additions this release, that's awesome. =D
  • @Kirb
    Thought you'd like that :D

@Loopdaloop
    Yeah, but that's mostly it with new features - maybe some editor improvements ...
  • New stuff
    • Editor: Navigation history
      New buttons allow moving back and forward in the sections/sub-sections/data lists you've visited.
    • Check Transform event step
      Checks an object's position, rotation or scale - you can check each axis separately.
    • Equipment can override sounds
      An equipped weapon or armor can override the combatant's sounds. Only the selected sound type will be overridden.
    • Equipment Viewers: Object Variables
      The variable conditions of EV can now also check object variables.
  • Thanks a ton for that transform step; should help a bunch!