Hi, I have a few questions and things I haven't been able to solve on my own yet if anyone can help please.
I can't get spoiler to work with [ or with < how do I use spoilers here?
1) Quest task notifications
For example collect items, I have a notification show 1/5, 2/5 etc as you loot the items. Is there a way to set a condition on these so that when it reaches overcount it stops displaying the notification? I want to leave it on the Quest list HUD because it might say something like Return to NPC with the 5 and I want that showing so I don't want to deactivate the quest when it's finished. But I want the notifications to stop after the items are all collected.
For now what I've done is Own UI Box Schematic on the Finish Requirement Notification and I check if it's finished or not, then hide all Auto Close boxes, then turn them back on on the UI Box close schematic. This hides them when overcounted/finished, but if you happen to level up at the same time it will close the LevelUP notification too since I have that as an auto-close.
Edit ok I made sure that overcount is not checked, and it still happens. The task has Auto Finish, and yet it still shows finish requirement notification after it's full count.
2) Quest list HUD sort order. The goal is for the player to be able to click a radio button or check box in the Quest Menu to show it in Quest List HUD or not, and for the most recently checked quest to go to the Top of the Quest List HUD.
I want the quests to all be active in order to display collection/kill notifications even if the quest is not on the Quest List HUD.
I see the Active Sort Order on t he Quest List HUD but I can't figure out how to change that weight on a quest during runtime to use it in the Quest Menu for the player to sort. I don't see any nodes for Sort order.
3) I have a Tooltip HUD for Abilities and one line is Status Text Content, set to Ability, with reuse / reusemax tags in it. I have a HUD Condition component on the Status Text Content with Condition Reuse-Has Reuse Yes Phase battle with turn based reuse. The condition prevents it from displaying on abilities that don't use a reuse timer, which is what I want, I don't want abilities that don't use re-use to show a blank reuse because that's confusing. Anyway
When I mouse over a shortcut that has an ability that does Not have a reuse time, there is no error.
When I mouse over a shortcut with an ability that does use a reuse time, it gives this error. But it still displays the reuse properly.
If I remove the condition, the error stops, but then of course it displays on abilities that it should not display on.
Edit: oh oops there is no scope on a Tooltip HUD so nevermind that idea.
4) Phase battle Player Combatant Selection -> Allow Clicking is enabled. Sometimes when I click a combatant on the grid I get an error but it's like 1 in 10 clicks. The error does not occur when selecting a combatant by clicking a combatant on the player group HUD (Using HUD Click component -> Select Target It also does not occur if selecting combatant from a player selection menu UI Box. I tried disabling all of my current selection prefabs like grid prefab change, world HUD change (HP bar/name bar) thinking maybe something with swapping to the other HUD/other grid hex but that wasn't it.
ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T].get_Item (System.Int32 index) (at :0) GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.PhaseCombatantControl.get_InputID () (at <6f1b2b7409b84f14a24acdc04828e07b>:0) GamingIsLove.Makinom.Components.UIBoxComponent.Tick (System.Single delta) (at <75be63ef657b4d40abf452d6950f5f85>:0) GamingIsLove.Makinom.UI.BaseUIHandler.Tick (System.Single t) (at :0) GamingIsLove.Makinom.UI.BaseUIHandler.Tick () (at :0) GamingIsLove.Makinom.Maki.FireTick () (at :0) GamingIsLove.Makinom.MakinomHandler.Update () (at :0)
5) I get a culling error message but the strange thing is it happens on my Start menu scene where there is Nothing loaded yet except the Main Menu UI Box and a background image, that's it. Is it because Unity is preloading some other assets that are not using culling properly? I don't have any code that I've written that use culling so it's some asset store asset I guess.
Culling group was not disposed. You have to call Dispose explicitly from the main thread. This will likely result in a crash. UnityEngine.CullingGroup:Finalize ()
6) Ability tooltips for abilities on shortcuts if the ability is using a Percent cost rather than a flat cost, it is showing the value of the percent of the Ork Player or leader instead of the combatant that is actually using the ability. Strangely the shortcut Info displays it correctly for the current combatant. How do I make the tooltip use the combatant whose turn it is for ability cost? Edit: I noticed that the reuse status text on the tooltip also only shows a value if it's on the leader/Ork Player. So other combatants in the group always show 0 reuse remaining. Could this be related to question 3?
7) I have some combined value status values that use a formula. I have a stats menu displaying the status values for combatants. If I equip a piece of equipment that increases a combined value, the HUD shows the updated value in the menu. However if I increase it via a Status Effect, it does not update in the menu. If I look in inspector I can see that the status effect is working, it has increased the value the appropriate amount. I don't quite understand why equipment displays and status effect does not.
8) On status values the check box for Use Changed State. Can you explain the functionality of this? I'm confused by the tooltip. Uses the changed state upon receiving value changes. Does this mean if say a status effect reduces your Strength, if this box isn't checked it won't use the reduced value for formulas? It will use the original value without the changes from the status effect? So like this should be checked on any status value that might be debuffed by a status effect?
9) Is there a way to limit a shortcut list to only certain shortcut types? I want a shortcut bar that is only for items, not abilities. I set it all up as items and it still allows me to drag an ability to it. The shortcut will not display the ability, the slot appears empty, but it's there because the tooltip shows with mouseover and I can click to use the ability.
10) This is my big game breaking one here. Every now and then the turn order somehow breaks and a combatant is stuck unable to select them, but they have the selected combatant grid highlight on them (which is also on for the actual selected combatant whose turn it is) and their turn will be 1 off from the rest of the group. I've been struggling to reliably reproduce it. Once I had it happen upon joining a battle grid, moving 2 combatants, and then clicked the 3rd and it bugged out. So that showed me it wasn't anything to do with an ability or combat since it was a fresh battle and nothing had happened but moving. I was thinking it could be to do with Auto End in phase setting or auto start turn Phase Start so I'm going to test turning those off, but of course I want them on.
I'm trying to test if it only happens when clicking a combatant on the grid to select them as it may be related to the other error message, but that message doesn't come up when this happens so it probably isn't related
I realize this is not going to be enough information, I'm going to continue to try to reproduce it. I've made a turn start and end schematic displaying the turn number of player combatants to unity log so I can try and catch exactly when it happens.