edited November 14 in Makinom Support
Heyhey,

a friend of mine recently reported regular crashes in a build both on his Desktop and Laptop. I tried to reproduce the issue without success on numerous devices. So far, only one of the other testers ran into this issue once and then never again.

The crashes itself happen almost always in a Battle Action, with increasing likelihood dependent on the amount of active Status Effects. We tried to debug the issue for the last couple of days, but were unable to come up with a solution.

The crash.dmp says there's an 0xC0000005 exception aka "The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access."

Looking through the crashlogs, the pattern seems to revolve around Status Effects refreshing their respective durations on an HUD. We've tried both Mono and IL2CPP, ORK 3.16.2 and an old build running on ORK 3.15. I've also played around with disabling Status Effects HUD elements and the corresponding lists on an HUD to no avail.

Here's a full Player.Log from a development build crashing right after at MakinomHandler:Update(). I've also attached a Stack Trace from a regular build with the StatusEffect HUD interaction mentioned above at the end of this post.

It's a hard pinpoint the cause, even down to whether it's the game's implementation, ORK or Unity (2022.2.21f1). So I'd be super grateful if anyone else has any ideas to troubleshoot this further.
========== OUTPUTTING STACK TRACE ==================
0x7A607231 (mono-2.0-bdwgc) mono_install_ftnptr_eh_callback
0x7A68F7CB (mono-2.0-bdwgc) mono_breakpoint_clean_code
0x7A68E67A (mono-2.0-bdwgc) mono_breakpoint_clean_code
0x778FCF98 (ntdll) LdrSetDllManifestProber
0x778F921B (ntdll) RtlUnwind
0x779050D6 (ntdll) KiUserExceptionDispatcher
0x7A694FCC (mono-2.0-bdwgc) mono_breakpoint_clean_code
0x7A694FCC (mono-2.0-bdwgc) mono_breakpoint_clean_code
0x7A694FCC (mono-2.0-bdwgc) mono_breakpoint_clean_code
0x7A694FCC (mono-2.0-bdwgc) mono_breakpoint_clean_code
0x7A694FCC (mono-2.0-bdwgc) mono_breakpoint_clean_code
0x7A694F51 (mono-2.0-bdwgc) mono_breakpoint_clean_code
0x7A69DAF6 (mono-2.0-bdwgc) mono_breakpoint_clean_code
0x7A69D7FD (mono-2.0-bdwgc) mono_breakpoint_clean_code
0x7A50543D (mono-2.0-bdwgc) mono_gc_register_root
0x7A48B747 (mono-2.0-bdwgc) mono_string_new_size
0x7A40B9CB (mono-2.0-bdwgc) mono_lookup_icall_symbol
0x09F54900 (Mono JIT Code) (wrapper managed-to-native) string:FastAllocateString (int)
0x1D886A84 (Mono JIT Code) string:Ctor (System.ReadOnlySpan`1<char>)
0x1D886A50 (Mono JIT Code) string:CreateString (System.ReadOnlySpan`1<char>)
0x1D886A28 (Mono JIT Code) (wrapper managed-to-managed) string:.ctor (System.ReadOnlySpan`1<char>)
0x1D88693C (Mono JIT Code) System.Text.ValueStringBuilder:ToString ()
0x1D885598 (Mono JIT Code) System.Number:FormatSingle (single,string,System.Globalization.NumberFormatInfo)
0x24752CA4 (Mono JIT Code) single:ToString (string)
0x21474B54 (Mono JIT Code) GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.StatusEffect:RemainingTimeHUD (int,string)
0x246A028C (Mono JIT Code) GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.UI.StatusEffectHUDStatusTextType:GetContent (GamingIsLove.Makinom.DataCall)
0x244EFFFB (Mono JIT Code) GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.UI.HUDStatusTextSettings:GetContent (GamingIsLove.Makinom.DataCall)
0x24698B16 (Mono JIT Code) GamingIsLove.Makinom.Components.BaseHUDTextContentComponent`1<T_REF>:UpdateContent ()
0x24697CE5 (Mono JIT Code) GamingIsLove.Makinom.Components.HUDContentComponent:OnEnable ()
0x20F67403 (Mono JIT Code) (wrapper runtime-invoke) object:runtime_invoke_void__this__ (object,intptr,intptr,intptr)
0x7A523309 (mono-2.0-bdwgc) mono_jit_set_domain
0x7A48398D (mono-2.0-bdwgc) mono_object_get_virtual_method
0x7A483ACC (mono-2.0-bdwgc) mono_runtime_invoke
Post edited by Nory on
  • Hm, a simple way to check if the status effect duration is the culprit is to remove the remaining time text from the HUD. The stack trace points time text's format being used - though it's happening in standard string functionality ...
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Yeah, the duration texts were indeed causing the crashes. Every other HUD element worked perfectly fine.

    We updated the project from Unity 2022.21f1 to 2022.3.13f1 and the crashes disappeared. It's curious since there wasn't any mention of this being fixed in the changelogs, but a win's a win. :,)

    Either way, thank you very much for your help once again.
Sign In or Register to comment.