Is there a way to get reference to the combatants spawned from a Combatant Spawner? I am trying to get the combatant spawned from a specific CombatantSpawner in script. The array spawned seems like it would hold the references but it is protected.

Thanks!
  • Yeah, that holds the spawned groups and other data - I'll add a property to expose access to it in the next update.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Another question on Combatant Spawners. Is the only way to get them to spawn from script via the ExternalStart method? And if so, can you confirm my observations that it spawns regardless of any conditions set on the CombatantSpawner component or if it is set to Remember Combatants and previously spawned?

Thanks
  • Yes, that's the case - you can also use the StartInteraction function, but that does the same thing.

Alternatively, you can e.g. set it up as an interaction via the Interact start type and start it with the Interact function - if you don't add a collider to the spawner it'll not get recognized by the interaction controller anyway.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • The interaction work around seems to work well, thanks for that