edited December 2023 in ORK Scripting
hello,
sorry if this is a noob question, but i coudlnt seem to find an answer
i would like to chagne object variable's variable "isActive" from true to false when i pressed Esc Key (including closing UI and resuming the game) but i couldnt figure which library to use.

so far im using https://forum.orkframework.com/discussion/532/object-variable-control-via-code which is a very old thread as reference but i notice the library has changed a lot. i couldnt get the parameters and functions used there

using GamingIsLove.Makinom.Components;
and i put ObjectVariablesComponent objectVariable; in the editor, but i couldnt find a way to change the variable.
i tried these but they dont work
objectVariable.settings.GetHandler().Set(_OBJVARIABLENAME, false);

objectVariable.Handler.Set(_OBJVARIABLENAME, false);

VariableHandler handler = ComponentHelper.ToVariableHandler(objectVariable);
handler.Set(_OBJVARIABLENAME, false);
can you help me with this?

thank you!
Post edited by rmagn on
  • objectVariable.Handler.Set(_OBJVARIABLENAME, false);
    That should work, the Handler property of the component gives you access to the VariableHandler holding the variables.

VariableHandler handler = ComponentHelper.ToVariableHandler(objectVariable);
    handler.Set(_OBJVARIABLENAME, false);

Should also work on pretty much anything that can have variables (game object, combatants, abilities, etc.).

Is _OBJVARIABLENAME set to the correct variable key?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited December 2023
    hello,
    it works now , thank you !

btw which one is more efficient or flexible?

if i want to change variable of specific object ID like in schematic, is there specific function for that?
    for example like a function that has 3 parameters
    string object id, string key, bool value
    or i should declare the object first into objectVariable?
    Post edited by rmagn on
  • You can directly get the VariableHandler for an object ID like this:
    VariableHandler handler = Maki.Game.GetObjectVariables("objectID");
    You can first make a check if they exist, as otherwise getting the variables will create a new handler in any case:
    if(Maki.Game.ObjectVariablesExist("objectID"))
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!