I am trying to prevent some abilities to be used against specific combatant Types by adding Abilities Development conditions yet those those abilities are still used against those.

I tried to add those same conditions to the abilities Target Selection Settings but those combatants are still being selected as target for those abilities.

What am I doing wrong?
  • edited February 18
    Ability development conditions are only used for learning them when that ability development is used by a combatant, not for targeting.

As for the target condition, you need to set Needed to All, because it must not be a tree and vegegation.
    Your current setup will always have one of them succeed, because it's e.g. either a tree or a vegetation, so the other check will be valid.

Also, as a side note, the checked Game Object here has the checked target as both user and target object :)
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited February 18
    Thank you for the clarification, I totally misinterpreted that part.

Can you explain what "the checked Game Object here has the checked target as both user and target object"?
    As far as I can tell, it's set to Target in both cases...

What about the combatant's Attacks & Abilities conditions, are those also used for learning and not for targeting?
    Post edited by ChimpLogik on
  • I just meant that the target conditions only have the checked target available for checks, i.e. using user or target as the object will use the target in any case.

Yes, the conditions set up in Attacks & Abilities are also only used for learning the ability, not for targeting.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Got it, thank you Nicholas!