Hello, first of all I want to say, this framework is really great, but currently I have one issue. I want to add all combatants along the grid path from the machine object to the starting object to the targets for an ability. I tried in the schematics with the following setup: User selects a target cell and I store all combatants along the path from machine object to starting object into a data key "cell_combatant". Then I simply add "cell_combatant" with the Node "Change Action Targets". But in my demo it is not working - the combatants along the path are not added as targets and only the starting object is working. I tried a similar approach for adding just temporary cell events along the way. This is working. Maybe some of you have a idea or see my mistake... It's really driving me crazy invested hours and hours on that very simple topic.

https://ibb.co/XsGhKKT

https://ibb.co/Wyh6SQW

I also found out, if I'm not using the Path but a battle template in the select cells the behaviour is like expecting and the combatants are found.
  • Well, a path is a movement path on the grid and has the same criteria as a grid move path selection. If you don't allow moving over allies or enemies, their cells will not be part of a path and the path is moving around them.

Using battle range templates is the usualy way to handle this.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited February 26
    Thank you! I also thought this is the problem, but it's much more difficult since a battle range template is static and can't handle dynamic selections the same way as a path, right? So for example if i want to shoot through enemies with a ability to the target cell, I don't know how to handle it with a battle template since the affected range can't be dynamic, or do i miss something? Maybe I can change the path to allow to move over enemies. I will try
    Post edited by ApeTheMighty on
  • Well, you can e.g. do this cell by cell - either getting all cells in a line and going through them one by one using a Select Selected Data node, or using a battle range template that just gets the next cell in the line and do stuff on it.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thank you appreciate it.