How do I show status effect Resistances/Weaknesses/Immunities on a HUD for the equipment/status or bestiary menu screen.

I am able to list their current status effects but I have no success with "Show Status Bonus" on the "HUD Status Effect List".
  • This largely depends where you use them in your setup. Generally, they try to get the status bonus information of what their content provider gives them, e.g. a combatant or an equipment that's displayed by the HUD.
    Regarding the effects - e.g. when used for a bestiary menu, the Show Status Bonus would list status effect bonuses (like immunity or auto effects) that are added to the combatant's settings.

Can you give me some details on your setup?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • For the equipment menu I've set up a crude UI box with that displays a combatant HUD. That HUD had a child with "HUD Status Effect List" + Vertical Layout Group.

It uses the default Status Effect Radial Duration prefab for testing.

Here it crudely displays the current status effects on the combatant.

However using the "Show Status Bonus" with any setting doesn't display any immunities or added statuses with that setup.
  • As said:
    gamingislove said: Regarding the effects - e.g. when used for a bestiary menu, the Show Status Bonus would list status effect bonuses (like immunity or auto effects) that are added to the combatant's settings.
    The combatant HUD displays the combatant, i.e. it the status effect HUD showing bonuses will only show the bonuses that are set up on the combatant directly, not the equipment, passive abilities or any other source for bonuses that's currently on the combatant.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • WO2WO2
    edited March 26
    Just to clarify, by "Combatant HUD" it refers to this within the HUD menu.

I cannot use this HUD type if I wish to show status bonuses coming from gear/passives.

So, which HUD type should I use to add a window to display these things? In the context of either an equipment menu or a bestiary. Long term I'd like to add either a button press showing a summary page with all active buffs/debuffs, or a button/tab that does the same thing. It would be useful to scan a monster and see a list of which status effects to use on it or not.

Sorry if these are stupid questions but I am having difficulty knowing exactly which parts to use and where at times, my other UI elements have been easier to build but this one I haven't had much success with.
    Post edited by WO2 on
  • Yes, that's what I was refering to - this shows stuff for the combatant.

If you want to show bonuses for a selected equipment, you can e.g. use a Tooltip HUD or add HUD content (e.g. from a tooltip HUD used as template) to a Description menu part of your menu screen.

I'll look into adding options to display combined bonuses from a combatant with all equipment, etc.
  • Thank you having an easily accessible view of immunities/resistances for statuses like attack modifiers will be very helpful.

On a related note, regarding the recently added:
    Unity UI: HUD Attack Modifier List, HUD Attack Modifier Attribute List: ‘Target Action Trait’ setting available when listing ‘Strength’, ‘Weakness’, ‘Immunity’ or ‘Recovery’ modifiers/attributes. Optionally base the displayed attribute traits on the currently selected action during target selection of the player. E.g. use this to display if a combatant has a weakness to the selected ability’s attack modifiers.

What is the process for getting this to display as there's no tutorial/documentation for it.

I attached an Attack Modifier LIst with "Weakness" and Target Action Trait enabled to a Combatant Info HUD that spawns during battle/targeting.

The HUD Attack Modifier Listspawns a prefab created with:
    ORK HUD -> Attack Modifier -> Attack Modifier Attribute - Name + Value (for prefabs).
    This prefab spawns but its Image/Text objects are disabled and don't list the relevant weaknesses even if scanned/revealed prior.
  • Next update will add an option to show the total bonus of a combatant coming from all bonuses on it (equip, effects, etc.).

The HUD Attack Modifier List is used to list the attack modifiers, i.e. the parent/overall modifier which contains it's attributes. It'd need to use a prefab that has the HUD Attack Modifier Attribute List component that lists the individual attributes of the attack modifier.
    Or, if you e.g. want to display a specific modifier or only have 1 attack modifier in your project (with it's attributes), you can use the HUD Attack Modifier (Content Provider) to select a specific attack modifier and use a HUD Attack Modifier Attribute List component to list the attributes.
    E.g. an example setup is part of the 3D RPG Playground tutorials.
    Turning on the new option will simply only show the modifiers/attributes if they are relevant to the current action during target selection.
  • Thank you, I got it working.