For some reason the combatant level is 50 and I've checked but I've haven't seen where the combatant level is set to 50
  • The start level of a combatant is defined in it's status settings - however this ist most likely due to using status development for your combatant without having a development curve set up for your Experience type status value that is used for level ups. This causes immediate level ups to the max level due to the exp being at it's maximum each level :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I have tried creating a curve but it doesn't still work and also when I leave the battle the hud still shows and does not disappear
  • Hm, hard to say without knowing more details about your status setup (mainly exp stat, status development curve, etc.).

Generally, level ups happen if an Experience type status value used as Level exp type exceeds it's current maximum value, given by the curve in status development.
    Is the combatant level at 50 immediately at the start of the game or e.g. after the first battle?

The HUD still showing after battle is most likely due to the HUD's display conditions still being valid. If you use a setup similar to the tutorials (i.e. using a game state to control this), you might have fogotten to inactivate that game state in the battle end schematics.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!