Hi GiL,

Do you know how to set up so all enemies move at the same time? If I have 10 - 15 enemies on the map (large dungeon where they all move around on patrol) then turns can take up to 30s. This is obviously a long down time between player input. I've enabled Dynamic Combat, and playing with the Time Between Action(s) setting, but cannot drop it below 0.25s as otherwise monsters move into the same grid cells or take turns when they are not supposed to.

Ideally i'd like to see all monsters move at the same time, then do any attack action.
I've tried disabling Active Command, but i have no direct way of ending the phase (even though my schematic has the End Phase node) - so this results in the player not actually being able to move.
  • Just movement at the same time or any action? And is this a cell-by-cell movement, i.e. player moves 1 cell, enemies move 1 cell?

For enemies moving on the same cells, there's the Mark Target Cell option in the battle AI's Grid Move node, that should prevent this from happening.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Correct, Just a cell-by-cell (or at least, each combatant only has 1 action point, that can be spent to either move, or do an ability)

I think only movement at the same time, then any monster that didn't move does an action (likely most will only move, only a few monsters will be within attack range at any time).
  • In that case using dynamic combat will not work, because that is used for all actions and not just movement.

One way would be to use the Use Battle Action and have enemies use their movement as a Sub Action of the player's movement schematics. Might be a bit complex to find combatants that would move, though.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • hmm, in that case Dynamic Combat may be a compromise.

Any idea how to get the Time Between Actions to 0? Currently, if I set it below 0.25 then the enemies take turns when they shouldn't. E.G my phase ends after player rotates, even though action cost is set to 0 and only actually moving to a new cell has a End Phase node in the schematic.

Example of ideal system:
    You can see how every character moves at the same time, but if player does an ability, then monsters move/attack after that.
  • Well, dynamic combat is somewhat system breaking, but if you're using phase battles, enemy phase should not start until the player phase is done. Do you have phase change schematics set up to see if a new faction's phase begins?
  • I do not, as I did not want to announce the phases, just want them to feel natural turn order. But i'll set one up and see what happens.
  • Have confirmed, phases do change.

As a troubleshoot, I've put actions per turn to 99, yet each faction still only gets 1 action (this is with Time Between Action set to 0).

Would a variant of Real Time be better, not sure if that's possible though.
  • Real time battles can use grid battles, but that'll make the whole thing pretty chaotic and the combatants will perform actions at all times.

If you can send me a Unity test project I can look into what's going on.
  • I've sent test project.
    Real time battles can use grid battles, but that'll make the whole thing pretty chaotic and the combatants will perform actions at all times.
    Yea I was worried about this, Though there may be a way to change timescale to 0 unless player input is detected - or change timescale in movement schematic?